Botched setup

I was making some settings changes on a new Windows XP SP1 computer, and
when I restarted the machine, I was prompted to click on the user name, but
there is no name to click on. How do I fix this so I can get back into the
computer? Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post!

You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and the user logon windows will appear.
Input the correct username and password to log on to the computer.

If you cannot log on to the machine, please restart the system in Safe Mode
by pressing F8 when the machine boots up.

After you log on to the computer, please check User Account in Control
Panel, is there any account available? You can click Change the way users
log on or off and uncheck Use Fast User Switching.

Log off and log on, can you see the log on window?

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Rebecca Chen

MCSE2000 MCDBA CCNA