live MP3+ incompatible with asus cuv4x mb.

G

Hi all,

I just bought an asus cuv4x mb. I have the viper v770 non ultra video card, 128 sdram at 133 and a sound blaster live mp3+ first generation. I tried installing the sound card into a newly installed windows 98 first edition . Installation went fine, but at bootup, when the windows start sound comes on, i get an a fatal exception at 0 with the file emu104k1.vxd. The file is know belongs to the creative sound card. Moreover, this error message comes up everytime a wav file is activated. I havent installed the latest driver yet, so could this problem be fixed with the latest driver???

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Lucky you. This is a VIA problem I've seen mainly with Athlon systems. I do believe the newest VIA and Creative drivers will provide the solution. Also, because of VIA's poor drivers, if those two things don't solve all the problems, set PNP OS to NO in Bios.

Suicide is painless...........

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
This is not a Via issue, it occurs with Intel chipsets as well. The newest S/B Live drivers will resolve it or for a simple no software fix try the registry fix below, works for me every time.

open the registry editor and the folder

Hkey local machine\software\creativetech\deviceinfo\pci\ven_1102&DEV_0002

add the following key to that folder

MMX

the value of that key is 1

so the actual registry entry should read MMX=1 in the reg folder described above.

Please remember to back up your registry before doing this.