USB 3.0 Transfer Rates of 30 MBps :(

denisefromak

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Hi!

I know there are a few other forum posts of a simular topic, but they are all lacking a real answer, so here is goes.

We have a slightly older HP Desktop with the Intel Q33 Chipset (Core 2 Duo) with a Rocketfish USB 3.0 PCIe (revison 2.0) One Lane Card (capable of 500 MB/s). Connected to it, we have a Voyager Q Hard drive dock connected with USB 3.0.

We are only getting transfer rates of 30 MB/s. The slowest bottleneck we can find is hard drives, but they should be allowing much higher transfer rates (we were expecting a minimum of 60 MB/s). What could be wrong? At this point all we can suspect is software.

We are transfering data with the 64 bit version of FastCopy. Is the software, ie FastCopy the limitation, or could it be the driver (already reinstalled the Rocketfish driver).

Any thoughts are appreciated! :)

denisefromak

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Thanks for the .2¢, :bounce: Reinstalled the USB PCI-e card driver with the newest one available for download on their site, as for the BIOS update, I did not check...

denisefromak

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
SOLVED! the drive we were testing the dock with had really poor performance, far below what it should. That same drive connected with sata would only transfer at the same speed.
By the way, using firewire and this dock with my macbook pro, I am getting 60 MB/s on simular drives (yeah for firewire!) (not the same drive as mentioned above, but an older 5400 rpm drive).

TRENDING THREADS