Power Supply for Dell inspiron 530s motherboard but not in a slimline case

Davoooh

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I have a dell inspiron 530s motherboard and I want to install it into a full size ATX computer case,so I would like to know is there a power supply that is not housed in a slim line version power supply case but in a full size case version that will work with the above said motherboard?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Davoooh

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Thank you clutchc ! I have heard & read the same, guess i'll have to "TRY" to contact Dell not that they will be nice enough to reply back to me other than to tell me to buy a new one of there computers ! ? Thank You again !

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If your Dell 530 is newer than the Pentium II and III era machines, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Dell finally went with std ATX designs sometime after that. If you have the original PSU that was used with that board, look at its 24 pin connector and match it against the color code shown here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX (scroll down a bit to the pinout sketch)

If it matches, then you have a std ATX connector on the board. If you scroll down near the bottom of the above webpage, you can see the difference with the proprietary Dell pinouts.

Davoooh

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

clutchc you are the man !!! Thank you so much for all your help. Your help lifted a huge wieght off my shoulders! Thanks again ! Davoooh !