Upgrade Fever, Cant Think

Microgoliath

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
My last post then I'm going back into lerker mode like i was before this upgrade fever i got. Also not sure if this is the right section to post it, seems like it though.

My current setup:

Athlon ii 620 x4 3.54 Ghz
ATI 5770
4 gig value RAM
Biostar mobo
7200rpm HDD
500w CM PSU

I plan on upgraded over the course of 3 months, what would you start on first? i cannot think of what to buy first since everything i look at i want. I'm a mid-range oke so funds are short (thats why i need 3 months)

My plan was to buy a PSU now, then get the new ATI cards coming out soon (7***) but my friend suggested i just get RAM and then a new mobo + cpu most prob i5 2500k.

So again i ask, what would you start on first? :D

Thanks.

Solution
Your PSU is not big enough to add anything. You will need to bump that first. After that, for gaming, you'll see the most improvement with a new graphics card. It doesn't matter if your system bottlenecks it a little, because you'll be upgrading as time goes on. Your present 5770 is on the weak side. I'd get as much card as I could afford. Tom's has a chart for that. You should move up at least two tiers.

Petrofsky

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
Your PSU is not big enough to add anything. You will need to bump that first. After that, for gaming, you'll see the most improvement with a new graphics card. It doesn't matter if your system bottlenecks it a little, because you'll be upgrading as time goes on. Your present 5770 is on the weak side. I'd get as much card as I could afford. Tom's has a chart for that. You should move up at least two tiers.

Solution