Closed Solved

Regarding speed of my corsair xms 4gb memory

I have intel core i5-3570k CPU, p8z77-v Asus mobo, corsair xms 2*4gb 1600 MHz memory. In my bios as well as CPU-z it shows my ram runs @1333Mhz speed. How its possible? Is there any way to make my ram work @1600MHz.?
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about regarding speed corsair memory
  1. By setting the Ai Overclock Tuner to XMP in BIOS or manually setting the speed and timings.
    The RAMs default speed is 1333.
  2. actually, i am new for overclocking, can you please explain me how to do it in my P8Z77-V Mobo.
  3. Best answer
    In BIOS, Ai Tweaker, switch Ai Overclock Tuner from Auto to XMP, save and exit BIOS.
  4. ok i will try and will let you know if it helped.
  5. i wont be trying it right now. might be tomorrow morning according Indian Standard Time as its already 1:22am and still have some work. Thanks for your reply.
  6. alexoiu said:
    In BIOS, Ai Tweaker, switch Ai Overclock Tuner from Auto to XMP, save and exit BIOS.

I triesd it. After saving bios and reseting the power led glows but pc wont boot. When i completely shutdown cpu and then start it a message arrives saying overclocking failed.

I even tried to overclock by selecting performance mode but it overclocks ram a little from 1333MHz to 1372MHz.
  7. What's the RAMs model?
  8. model of the ram is

Corsair DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMX4GX3M1A1600C11)

I have purchased two ram.
    Even on the box its been return 1600MHz
  9. It's better using a kit than two separate modules. You can try manually setting the 1600, 11-11-11-30 in BIOS or leave them at 1333. No noticeable loss.
  10. i will give it a try, and will inform
  11. same issue as above. no progress.
    I am Installing Asus Turbo Utility and will try to do it.
  12. Even Asus turbo utility fails. Am i missing anything?
  13. Hey!!! Hurray! Guess What, I got it solved.

check this:
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.asp [...] el=P8Z77-V

Thank you very much alexoiu for your replies and help.
  14. Best answer selected by atulmaniya.
Ask a new question

Read More

Corsair CPUs Memory