Sign in with
Your question

ATI Radeon X1550 64-bit

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 19, 2011 7:52:36 PM

Hey all,

I need some help, I have Intel Core2 Duo E6750 with 2GB RAM, my graphic card is ATI Radeon X1550 64-bit, I am experiencing a problem when at random times my screen just goes black for a couple of seconds and then returns to being normal, it doesn't happen when the computer is under a lot of stress, the computer is not used for games at all, mostly office work and some Photoshop \ Illustrator.

I can't pin point to a specific time that it happens, it sometime happen more when I just start to use the computer, I should note that while the computer isn't used it is usually on sleep mode, I also should note that once it happens it usually happens in a row, it usually goes black, returns after 3 seconds, after 3 more goes black and again for around 3 times.

I tried updating the driver but it says my driver is already the most updated one... I tried searching for the problem on the forum and couldn't find anything specific to my problem.

Can anyone please help? Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you,
Tom

More about : ati radeon x1550 bit

October 19, 2011 8:20:16 PM

Hey,

No, it says I have Radeon X1550 64-bit
Provider: ATI Technologies Inc.
Date: 4/25/2009
Version: 8.56.1.16
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

I'll try to install the one you put, I did see it but as it points to Win Vista and I have 7 I wasn't sure if thats one I should install, so I just went along with what Windows decided.

I'll install and update.

Thanks,
Tom
m
l
October 19, 2011 8:51:41 PM

what windows do you have installed? go to the AMD/ATI web site and download the one for your version of windows. I doubt the driver is the problem though. Have you tried another monitor or monitor cable? try another monitor and cable and then look and replacing the gfx card. A low end GFX card to replace that one goes for about $35, so maybe just replace it and see what happens.
m
l
!