Sign in with
Your question

ASUS GTX 560 TI - Temperature Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 8:21:39 PM

Greetings all -

Recently rebuily my PC with some new components, and I bought a Asus GTX560 Ti DirectCU II TOP video card.

My question is this, when I run FurMark burn-in until the temps saturate on my PC, the temp of my GPU is about 81 C.

Why is this so much higher than the review written here on this site?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-ti-...

It shows 49 C for this card when running Furmark, why is mine so much higher? Note my card runs about 26 at idle.

If any are curious, here's a link for the specs of my system:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/AVs51oCWnWXXCBIsShbF...

81 C is not enough to damage the card, but curious why mine is 30+ degrees hotter than this review. My chassis is Corsair Carbide 400R, and I have 3 inlet fans and 2 exhaust fans (plenty of airflow).

Thanks for your time,
Lane
a c 214 U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 8:43:25 PM

Try opening the door of the case(or take it off) and see what your temps are like then.
m
l
October 19, 2011 10:59:45 PM

If you still haven't tried, and your fan is still at auto, just try to raise your fan speed a bit higher or create a good fan profile using MSI Afterburner and check again.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 11:10:46 PM

good lord I have the same model as you, I have it highly oc'ed and temps never go above 70c, you must have a weak fan profile is what im thinking, also you probably have bad case airflow, with these two factors at work I can see you temps getting like that
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 11:23:27 PM

His case seems like it would have good enough airflow.It's got x2 120mm's for front intake and a rear 120mm exhaust.Of course their are a few other fan mounts on the side and the top.I suggest you populate those if you can.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 11:30:16 PM

Quote:
Greetings all -

Recently rebuily my PC with some new components, and I bought a Asus GTX560 Ti DirectCU II TOP video card.

My question is this, when I run FurMark burn-in until the temps saturate on my PC, the temp of my GPU is about 81 C.

Why is this so much higher than the review written here on this site?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-ti-...

It shows 49 C for this card when running Furmark, why is mine so much higher? Note my card runs about 26 at idle.

If any are curious, here's a link for the specs of my system:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/AVs51oCWnWXXCBIsShbF...

81 C is not enough to damage the card, but curious why mine is 30+ degrees hotter than this review. My chassis is Corsair Carbide 400R, and I have 3 inlet fans and 2 exhaust fans (plenty of airflow).

Thanks for your time,
Lane

because that review ( and most reviews) are done on test benches and not in a case. I have the exact same case with an evga GTX560ti stick fan and I will hit 84c during gaming but I lock fan speed at 38% to keep noise down. You have nothing to worry about your temps, they are actually cool and unless you decide to stress test your PC everyday ( :heink:  ) then you won't even see 81c in real world scenarios.
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 11:33:58 PM

I still think it's a little odd that it's that high.It's DirectCU.Their one of the best aftermarket heatsinks on the market.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 11:56:11 PM

you can always re-seat the cooler with some after market thermal paste
m
l
a c 226 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 20, 2011 12:07:03 AM

I ran OCCT's GPU test on the Asus TOP Cu overclocked to 1000Mhz and I see 81C w/ one card and 82C in SLI on Son No. 3's box.....fans on stock speeds. Antec DF-85 w/ CP-850, 2600k OC's to 4.8 Ghz.

I still intend to go back one day and retest as in my experience, the temps improve over the 1st month or so.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2011 2:20:51 PM

^you mean once its "burned in" ... so your saying there is some truth to that?
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
October 20, 2011 4:23:34 PM

Yah.Actually for me temps were a litte higher for me the first week or 2 when using Arctic Silver.After the curing period though the temps were really good.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2011 5:02:44 PM

I think I saw a similar result when I used artic silver to mount my hyper 212+ a while back
m
l
!