Solved

New computer build crashing

I have recently purchased all new components to build a computer for home use. Mostly internet and mild gaming.

AMD FX6100
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
2x4GB 1600mhz Ram Patriot
XFX Radeon HD 7770 Core edition
Corsair CX600 PSU
Samsung DVD-RW drive

Carry over 1TB SATA HD

I have started with a clean slate and reinstalled Win 7, and also all the drivers to go with the new components.
The issue is the system crashes/freezes when playing games(under load), and recently while I surfing the web trying to research the problem.
I have run a memtest and it passed. I also tried running just one stick of ram at a time, still crashed.
I have noticed the northbridge gets extremely hot.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer build crashing
  1. Hi, My guess is that it's a VGA driver issue. Have you installed the ATI driver on the card's DVD or the latest one on the AMD site?
    Regarding the temperature: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1616777
    Try also installing HWMonitor for monitoring the temperatures under load.
  2. I have tried drivers from both. I guess that was one of my initial thoughts as well. I will install HWMonitor to check out the temps. Maybe it seems hot, but is within spec. Thanks
  3. What's the board's BIOS version?
  4. BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1401, 12/12/2012
  5. Best answer
    Try reinstalling Windows, run Windows update and don't install the VGA driver or other ASUS applications. Only the necessary drivers (audio and LAN). Run it like this for a while and see if still the same.
  6. I'll try reinstalling Windows tonight and see where that gets me. I'm running another memtest today just to double check. Thanks for the help.
  7. After reinstalling windows, and installing just the LAN and Sound drivers. The problem crashing continued. However with a new twist, on-board sound would not work. I decided to return the defective Mobo. I'm going to get a different Mobo with the 970 chipset.
  8. Best answer selected by high_voltage85.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Computers Build