Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Quadro NVS 420 Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 20, 2011 12:42:55 AM

Recently I purchased a NVS 420 card to send graphics to 3 different monitoring devices. The first is a 15" ELO TouchMonitor, which requires a VGA signal. Second is a Samsung 32" LED TV, which takes HDMI. Finally there is a NEC projector which can take any input I need to give it. The problem arrises when I attach the Elo. I am able to see both the TV and the projector using both the DVI-D adaptor and the Display Port Adaptor, however I can not get the Elo to work properly with either the DVI-D or Display Port Adaptors.

When using the Display Port adaptor I convert the signal from DP to VGA, at which point there is a 33% chance of the monitor coming on. It either it comes on, and shuts off the other 2 monitors and won't release control of them until I unplug it and reboot, or every monitor comes on but as soon as I attempt to "apply" the 3 monitor setting, the screens go blank and a random one of the 3 will come to life and the other two will not, or just the Elo will cease to function and the control panel for the card won't see it anymore.

When using the DVI-D adaptor, an active converter box is added in line to convert from DVI to analog signal. However, I are having the similar issues as the display port setup. I can get everything but the Elo to work, but as soon as I add the VGA, I start to either loose the main monitor, or the main monitor and the 15" will work, but the 3rd monitor is dropped out of the chain. I never loose detection of the monitors, they just loose the video signal and can't recover it. Some times I am able to change resolutions on the VGA screen and that will temporarily fix the issue, but as soon as the computer is rebooted, it's back to square one.

The drivers being used are GeForce 285.38 for Windows 7 64 bit.

I'm completely stumped at this point, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : quadro nvs 420 problem

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
October 20, 2011 10:23:30 AM

At what resolutions are all these monitors configured at any given moment?
I'd like those details also.
The Max Resolution supported by the card is 2560x1600*** as the site states.

*- through single VHDCI to Quad DisplayPort dongle
**- through VHDCI to Quad DisplayPort dongle
***- 2560x1600 through DisplayPort, 1920x1200 through Single Link DVI-D

From what I understand, you might be exceeding the total resolution.

That's the reason, I asked for the Native resolutions of each device you have connected to the card.
October 21, 2011 12:07:11 AM

alyoshka said:
At what resolutions are all these monitors configured at any given moment?
I'd like those details also.
The Max Resolution supported by the card is 2560x1600*** as the site states.

*- through single VHDCI to Quad DisplayPort dongle
**- through VHDCI to Quad DisplayPort dongle
***- 2560x1600 through DisplayPort, 1920x1200 through Single Link DVI-D

From what I understand, you might be exceeding the total resolution.

That's the reason, I asked for the Native resolutions of each device you have connected to the card.

You were exactly correct. When I did the math we were trying to push too high of a resolution through the card. Thanks so much!
Score
Related resources
October 21, 2011 12:07:20 AM

Best answer selected by dboverdrive.
Score
a c 172 Î Nvidia
October 21, 2011 10:22:26 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!