EVGA or MSI GTX 580

xAnimosity

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Some time next month I am going to build a new rig. I see alot of people swear by MSI and some by EVGA. Just curious which brand you prefer? I was looking into buying the superclocked/twin frozr version.

Solution
For the GTX 580, MSI makes the best with there lightning series but EVGA has a sweet Classified series too but it isn't as fast as MSI. They both are great but it really just depends on what 500 you get.
As far as companies go I believe Evga is the better of the two. Thier customer service and tech support is top notch and they stand behind thier warrenty If you have a problem with a card they will honor the lifetime warrenty , I have had personal exrerience with that. To be fair I have never bought a MSI card so I do not know anything about thier warrenty support or customer service. The Evga cards are always well made and have had good results with them. Currently own 3 GTX 580 Hydro Copper 2 cards from Evga.

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
For the GTX 580, MSI makes the best with there lightning series but EVGA has a sweet Classified series too but it isn't as fast as MSI. They both are great but it really just depends on what 500 you get.

Solution