Anyone played Enthusia yet?

AndyC wrote:

> I know I'm pushing it, as it's something like 5am or something in the states
> at the moment....
>
> But, anyone played Enthusia Professional Racing yet?
> http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusia/eng/top/index.html
>
> Looks like a good GT4 contender.
>
> Ta
> AndyC

No, but I read an online attack from someone a little while ago who
basically said it was Ridge Racer with some fancy bits tacked on. Of
course he was a gt4 fan so he was biased.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Paul Heslop wrote:
> AndyC wrote:
>
>>I know I'm pushing it, as it's something like 5am or something in the states
>>at the moment....
>>
>>But, anyone played Enthusia Professional Racing yet?
>>http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusia/eng/top/index.html
>>
>>Looks like a good GT4 contender.
>>
>>Ta
>>AndyC
>

> No, but I read an online attack from someone a little while ago who
> basically said it was Ridge Racer with some fancy bits tacked on. Of
> course he was a gt4 fan so he was biased.

Have not played it but was over at gamerankings.com last night looking
for some game info and remembered seeing this one mentioned here. There
are some reviews up for it over there...not getting the best of reviews
so far. Judging by the ones I looked over last night Gt4 has nothing to
be worried about ;)

fe

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004

AndyC wrote:
> I know I'm pushing it, as it's something like 5am or something in the states
> at the moment....
> But, anyone played Enthusia Professional Racing yet?
> http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusia/eng/top/index.html
> Looks like a good GT4 contender.

PS2 Magazine (Portuguese version) bring his demo this month, and i try
it ;) i buy too the GT4 (69.2%) and Enthusia looks great like GT4 and
looks best but is only a demo... i'm waiting for the full version to buy
it too ;)
the demo intro movie compares a real car phisics with Enthusia car and
looks perfect phisics... even demos is very good to play, but cannot
configure gas/brake in analog :( i hope the full version can do it) and
cannot disable driving aids :( i wold like to drift a litle more, but VW
Golf slide very well!

I think Enthusia will be best to drift, the demo is great ;)
when comes out to Europe?

--
Fernando Esteves _/_/_/ _/_/_/
(o_ mailto:fe@netvisao.pt _/_/ _/_/

massivegrooves wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > AndyC wrote:
> >
> >>I know I'm pushing it, as it's something like 5am or something in the states
> >>at the moment....
> >>
> >>But, anyone played Enthusia Professional Racing yet?
> >>http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusia/eng/top/index.html
> >>
> >>Looks like a good GT4 contender.
> >>
> >>Ta
> >>AndyC
> >

> > No, but I read an online attack from someone a little while ago who
> > basically said it was Ridge Racer with some fancy bits tacked on. Of
> > course he was a gt4 fan so he was biased.
> >

> Have not played it but was over at gamerankings.com last night looking
> for some game info and remembered seeing this one mentioned here. There
> are some reviews up for it over there...not getting the best of reviews
> so far. Judging by the ones I looked over last night Gt4 has nothing to
> be worried about ;)

What worries me, both with Enthusia and Forza is the determination of
reviewers to seem to be saying "I'm cool because I like this one and
not GT4" or just seem to want to get ne over on Sony. There often seem
to dismiss GT4 and its predecessors with hardly a glancing
acknowledgement of just how much work they have done

Here's a review of Enthusia I'd have respected a lot more if they left
GT4 out of the argument and concentrated on the pluses of the game
they are reviewing

http://www.insidepulse.com/article.php?contentid=31647

--

Paul Heslop wrote:
> massivegrooves wrote:
>
>>Paul Heslop wrote:

>>>No, but I read an online attack from someone a little while ago who
>>>basically said it was Ridge Racer with some fancy bits tacked on. Of
>>>course he was a gt4 fan so he was biased.
>>>

>>Have not played it but was over at gamerankings.com last night looking
>>for some game info and remembered seeing this one mentioned here. There
>>are some reviews up for it over there...not getting the best of reviews
>>so far. Judging by the ones I looked over last night Gt4 has nothing to
>>be worried about ;)
>

> What worries me, both with Enthusia and Forza is the determination of
> reviewers to seem to be saying "I'm cool because I like this one and
> not GT4" or just seem to want to get ne over on Sony. There often seem
> to dismiss GT4 and its predecessors with hardly a glancing
> acknowledgement of just how much work they have done

It is going to happen though, they have to compare them to some degree.
The key is not to go overbaord doing it and to keep it balanced and
focused. When they lose site of the one game the review is supposed to
be about going on and on about what the others have or do well then
forget to really tell you about what the game in question has, etc..
that is when I start to have a problem. I agree dissing a game or one
that has had a stronghold is something that is seemingly cool to some
folks. I don't care for it, just call it straight up is what I want to hear.

U¿ytkownik "AndyC" <invalid@invalid.invalid> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
>I know I'm pushing it, as it's something like 5am or something in the
>states at the moment....
>
> But, anyone played Enthusia Professional Racing yet?
> http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusia/eng/top/index.html
>
> Looks like a good GT4 contender.

I have played. Great psyhics, better than in GT4, few hundred cars. But
graphics is not very good, music is like in Ridge Racer, carrer is stupid,
coz u can't buy cars, only choose one like in NFS:U 1
Better than Pro Race Driver, but worse than GT4 (even GT3)
--
Sorx for my bad ENG, but I'm a Pole.

kamil_pl wrote:

> U¿ytkownik "AndyC" <invalid@invalid.invalid> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> >I know I'm pushing it, as it's something like 5am or something in the
> >states at the moment....
> >
> > But, anyone played Enthusia Professional Racing yet?
> > http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusia/eng/top/index.html
> >
> > Looks like a good GT4 contender.
> >

> I have played. Great psyhics, better than in GT4, few hundred cars. But
> graphics is not very good, music is like in Ridge Racer, carrer is stupid,
> coz u can't buy cars, only choose one like in NFS:U 1
> Better than Pro Race Driver, but worse than GT4 (even GT3)
> --
> Sorx for my bad ENG, but I'm a Pole.

At least you put it simply, and mentioned the snag which might stop me
buying it, the inability to own and use the vehicles pretty much as
you see fit.
--

massivegrooves wrote:

> > What worries me, both with Enthusia and Forza is the determination of
> > reviewers to seem to be saying "I'm cool because I like this one and
> > not GT4" or just seem to want to get ne over on Sony. There often seem
> > to dismiss GT4 and its predecessors with hardly a glancing
> > acknowledgement of just how much work they have done
>
> It is going to happen though, they have to compare them to some degree.
> The key is not to go overbaord doing it and to keep it balanced and
> focused. When they lose site of the one game the review is supposed to
> be about going on and on about what the others have or do well then
> forget to really tell you about what the game in question has, etc..
> that is when I start to have a problem. I agree dissing a game or one
> that has had a stronghold is something that is seemingly cool to some
> folks. I don't care for it, just call it straight up is what I want to hear.

There just seems to be this need, specially with Forza, for it to beat
GT4, which is by far the easiest of the GT games to beat as it didn't
give all it promised. But I've seen reviews where they go on about
Forza's 'avatar' and yet don't mention the fact that GT4 did it
already with B-spec, and mostly it's the constant dismissal of the
selection of vehicles. "200 is well enough" etc. It may be, but it
ain't taking the crown.

I see the need for the fanboys for one game to beat another, but all I
want is good games, not for any one to knock another out of existence.
That's the sad thing, these "This will be the nail in the coffin of
Sony" etc type posts. It was sad for me when Amiga went belly up and
even more so when Sega did so, and it's this need to destroy the
others that brings it about. Sony get the blame for killing Sega, but
I doubt they actually set out to do that.

--

Paul Heslop wrote:
> massivegrooves wrote:
>

>>>What worries me, both with Enthusia and Forza is the determination of
>>>reviewers to seem to be saying "I'm cool because I like this one and
>>>not GT4" or just seem to want to get ne over on Sony. There often seem
>>>to dismiss GT4 and its predecessors with hardly a glancing
>>>acknowledgement of just how much work they have done
>>
>>It is going to happen though, they have to compare them to some degree.
>>The key is not to go overbaord doing it and to keep it balanced and
>>focused. When they lose site of the one game the review is supposed to
>>be about going on and on about what the others have or do well then
>>forget to really tell you about what the game in question has, etc..
>>that is when I start to have a problem. I agree dissing a game or one
>>that has had a stronghold is something that is seemingly cool to some
>>folks. I don't care for it, just call it straight up is what I want to hear.
>

> There just seems to be this need, specially with Forza, for it to beat
> GT4, which is by far the easiest of the GT games to beat as it didn't
> give all it promised. But I've seen reviews where they go on about
> Forza's 'avatar' and yet don't mention the fact that GT4 did it
> already with B-spec, and mostly it's the constant dismissal of the
> selection of vehicles. "200 is well enough" etc. It may be, but it
> ain't taking the crown.

It is always that way, and it stems from the my system is better than
yours, or mine has the better _________ game. (racing/FPS/etc..) Same
type thing like with Killzone and Halo, Killzone was supposed to be the
Halo killer or the PS2 equivalent of Halo. Same with this Forza is
supposed to be a GT killer, or the Xbox equivalent. I don't care...if it
is good I will buy it and play it.

> I see the need for the fanboys for one game to beat another, but all I
> want is good games, not for any one to knock another out of existence.
> That's the sad thing, these "This will be the nail in the coffin of
> Sony" etc type posts. It was sad for me when Amiga went belly up and
> even more so when Sega did so, and it's this need to destroy the
> others that brings it about. Sony get the blame for killing Sega, but
> I doubt they actually set out to do that.

I don't think they did either, more that Sega had problems of various
types and severity. It was thier own doing, Sony just helped it along.

fe

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004

kamil_pl wrote:
>>But, anyone played Enthusia Professional Racing yet?
> I have played. Great psyhics, better than in GT4, few hundred cars. But
> graphics is not very good,...

can you use analog to gas/brake or only square and cross?
is possible disable driving aids?

Thankx ;)

--

kamil_pl wrote:
> I have played....

more questions ;)
is good for donuts / drifting?
when you crash you detroy your car? (car deformations)?
Thankx again ;)

--

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> massivegrooves wrote:
>>
>> Paul Heslop wrote:

>> > No, but I read an online attack from someone a little while ago who
>> > basically said it was Ridge Racer with some fancy bits tacked on. Of
>> > course he was a gt4 fan so he was biased.
>> >

>> Have not played it but was over at gamerankings.com last night looking
>> for some game info and remembered seeing this one mentioned here. There
>> are some reviews up for it over there...not getting the best of reviews
>> so far. Judging by the ones I looked over last night Gt4 has nothing to
>> be worried about ;)
>
> What worries me, both with Enthusia and Forza is the determination of
> reviewers to seem to be saying "I'm cool because I like this one and
> not GT4" or just seem to want to get ne over on Sony. There often seem
> to dismiss GT4 and its predecessors with hardly a glancing
> acknowledgement of just how much work they have done
>
> Here's a review of Enthusia I'd have respected a lot more if they left
> GT4 out of the argument and concentrated on the pluses of the game
> they are reviewing
>
> http://www.insidepulse.com/article.php?contentid=31647
>

> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")

Not a bad review really, other than comparisons with GT4, although I suppose
that has to happen.
Certainly doesn't paint Enthusia as the lastest and greatest... But then the
more I play GT4 the more I'm begining to think that it'll last me years as a
great car sim - so why buy another!?
I'll probably get it sometime soon though, just as I've been diligently
buying the WRC titles as they've been released, simply because they're good
games...

AndyC

AndyC wrote:

> Not a bad review really, other than comparisons with GT4, although I suppose
> that has to happen.
> Certainly doesn't paint Enthusia as the lastest and greatest... But then the
> more I play GT4 the more I'm begining to think that it'll last me years as a
> great car sim - so why buy another!?
> I'll probably get it sometime soon though, just as I've been diligently
> buying the WRC titles as they've been released, simply because they're good
> games...
>
> AndyC

It IS a good review and barring a swathe of bad ones I'll probably get
it too, though I think Forza comes first. Yeah, GT4 grows on me the
more I play it, which is always the way with GT games. I'm enjoying
B-speccing more right now, trying to get my driver (who has around
7000 points) not to drive on the grass!

--

Uzytkownik "fe" <fe@netvisao.pt> napisal w wiadomosci

> can you use analog to gas/brake or only square and cross?
> is possible disable driving aids?
>
> Thankx ;)

Yeah. You can. You MUST use analog to steer, because the cross is disabled
for that function.
To accerelate and brake you can use both X, square and right analog I think.
Thanks God it's possible to turn off driving aids. Game becomes 4 times
better (and harder) when you turn this off.

--

> kamil_pl wrote:
>> I have played....
>
> more questions ;)
> is good for donuts / drifting?
> when you crash you detroy your car? (car deformations)?
> Thankx again ;)

This game is perfect for drifting. But it's quite hard to make an perfect
slide. Like in real world. RWD cars are very unstable and tough to ride.
Unfortunatelly crashes are the same like in Gran Turismo, you can't even
scratch your car, you can only make your car dirty while driving on
gravel/snowy tracks.

--

kamil_pl wrote:
> This game is perfect for drifting. But it's quite hard to make an perfect
> slide....

thanks, one more game to buy ;)
is good to make donuts (spin in circles) too?

--

U¿ytkownik "kamil_pl" <kamil.janas.ps2@neostrada.pl> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

> Uzytkownik "fe" <fe@netvisao.pt> napisal w wiadomosci
>>
>> can you use analog to gas/brake or only square and cross?
>> is possible disable driving aids?
>>
>> Thankx ;)
>>

> Yeah. You can. You MUST use analog to steer, because the cross is disabled
> for that function.
> To accerelate and brake you can use both X, square and right analog I
> think.
> Thanks God it's possible to turn off driving aids. Game becomes 4 times
> better (and harder) when you turn this off.

Cross - I mean left and right arrow. There have no function. You must steer
by left analog, and gas/brake are in X, square button, or in the right
analog. You can choose as you like.

"kamil_pl" <kamil.janas.ps2@neostrada.pl> wrote in message

> U¿ytkownik "kamil_pl" <kamil.janas.ps2@neostrada.pl> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
>>
>> Uzytkownik "fe" <fe@netvisao.pt> napisal w wiadomosci
>>>
>>> can you use analog to gas/brake or only square and cross?
>>> is possible disable driving aids?
>>>
>>> Thankx ;)
>>>

>> Yeah. You can. You MUST use analog to steer, because the cross is
>> disabled for that function.
>> To accerelate and brake you can use both X, square and right analog I
>> think.
>> Thanks God it's possible to turn off driving aids. Game becomes 4 times
>> better (and harder) when you turn this off.
>
> Cross - I mean left and right arrow. There have no function. You must
> steer by left analog, and gas/brake are in X, square button, or in the
> right analog. You can choose as you like.

Or you can buy a wheel for around 150 dollars US

> kamil_pl wrote:
>> This game is perfect for drifting. But it's quite hard to make an perfect
>> slide....
>
> thanks, one more game to buy ;)
> is good to make donuts (spin in circles) too?

Yeah, I think is good. But it's hard to do (if possible) in the front drive
vechicles of course.

fe

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004

Daniel G. wrote:
> Or you can buy a wheel for around 150 dollars US

i have a wheel (trustmaster for PC/PS2) around 60 Euros something like
59 dollars US ;) and is great (only vibration, not force feedback)

--

U¿ytkownik "Daniel G." <Danny73@columbus.rr.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

> Or you can buy a wheel for around 150 dollars US

Of course, and I think this is the best way to drive in this game.

fe

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004

kamil_pl wrote:
>>is good to make donuts (spin in circles) too?

> Yeah, I think is good. But it's hard to do (if possible) in the front drive
> vechicles of course.

yes is possible, but must use handbrake after start turn, is easy for
light / small cars ;) harder for heavy cars :(

for rear drive in Enthusia game you have to turn wrong way to controle
the oversteering? or allways turn to the wright side?

--
Fernando Esteves _/_/_/ _/_/_/
(o_ mailto:fe@netvisao.pt _/_/ _/_/
//\ http://fehome.cjb.net _/ _/
V_/_ Linux Registered User #190801 _/ _/_/_/

Uzytkownik "fe" <fe@netvisao.pt> napisal w wiadomosci

> yes is possible, but must use handbrake after start turn, is easy for
> light / small cars ;) harder for heavy cars :(
>
> for rear drive in Enthusia game you have to turn wrong way to controle the
> oversteering? or allways turn to the wright side?

This is a simulator, so it depends on speed and angle, but you often need to
turn wrong way while drifting to keep your rear drive car on the road.