Computer suddenly decides to not turn on...

G

here are my specs:
i7 3960x
msi gd65 8d
corsair ax 750
nvidia quadro 4000
samsung 830 ssd

i built this system and it worked flawlessly for about a week. i was running benchmarks to make sure the pc wont break under load and it seemed it was all good (according to the temperatures) everything was fine. the next day after benchmarking the computer wont boot at all. prior to this it never crashed or froze on me does someone know what could be the problem???

Solution
If it isn't powering on even to the BIOS then the problem could be the motherboard, RAM, CPU, GPU, PSU, or more than one of the above. If you can test at least some of the components in another system I suggest you do to find what is the cause.

Also check the motherboard for damaged parts because you might have somehow blown a capacitor, BIOS EEPROM, or some other piece(s) of the motherboard.

I have a computer that regularly stops booting even into the BIOS screen and what I do is unplug everything, clean everything, and plug it all back in and it works again.

Do your fans still run when you hit the power button or does nothing work?
If it isn't powering on even to the BIOS then the problem could be the motherboard, RAM, CPU, GPU, PSU, or more than one of the above. If you can test at least some of the components in another system I suggest you do to find what is the cause.

Also check the motherboard for damaged parts because you might have somehow blown a capacitor, BIOS EEPROM, or some other piece(s) of the motherboard.

I have a computer that regularly stops booting even into the BIOS screen and what I do is unplug everything, clean everything, and plug it all back in and it works again.

Do your fans still run when you hit the power button or does nothing work?

Solution
G

thanks for the tips those were my first guesses as well hoping the mobo wasnt shorted or something, but its solved now it was the PSU!. i find it weird that a psu like the corsair ax series would give me an issue. im still clueless on how it failed with no physical symptoms like blown up capacitors/inductors or smoke. the psu failed the power on test...so for now im using an extra.

do you have any ideas how the psu got damaged?? (trying to prevent future problems)

Some part of the PSU might have blown. If this is a used PSU (by you or someone else) and it hasn't been cleaned dust might have clogged it's cooling causing it to overheat or a component might have failed for some odd reason. a wire on the inside may have come loose.

Wondering why a PSU failed can be like wondering why a motherboard's capacitor popped.

If the PSU has an active warranty you might get it replaced. If not you can open it up and look for yourself, maybe you'll find the problem.