HAF-X I/O Front Panel Replaced...Ground wire?

I just replaced my HAF-X I/O front panel, and there is one wire on the new one that the old one did not have. I am wondering what it is for?

It appears to be a grounding wire I assume? If so how exactly would I ground it? The wire is pretty short, and I don't know where to ground it to. As many of you know the Haf-X is textured painted steel, not exposed aluminum, am I too mount it to the nearest screw hole and fasten it to the case with a screw? What if I cannot reach the closest hole?
4 answers Last reply
More about front panel replaced ground wire
  1. You could do that or attach a screw to it that touches a piece of metal in the case, or even use it like a washer and put it in between a screw and say a cdrom drive.
  2. I Have the same issue now in 2015 has any one worked out what that wire was for ?
  3. anguskhan said:
    I Have the same issue now in 2015 has any one worked out what that wire was for ?

It's a grounding wire. Just secure it with a screw in one of the holes right underneath on the metal frame.

Also holy bump!

edit:
    I actually found a few pics I took way back when, when I first encountered this issue.

IIRC, I ended up mounting it to the hole where the red arrow is. I believe I first initially mounted it to the 5.25 drive bay seen in the 2nd pic, but if I recall it didn't leave much slack when snapping the panel back on.
  4. sweet thanks alot for your time to answer
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Front Panel Components