Sign in with
Your question

Bios Problem? OS problem? Please Help!

January 28, 2013 4:19:43 AM

Hello fellow members of Tom's Hardware,

EDIT: PROBLEM RESOLVED, changed bios so that I can run my optical drive and installed windows 8, new fresh start again! :D !

Spoiler
This is my very first time in building my computer, everything went fine for the first three weeks or so, but there seems to be a problem... ( I think I might be dealing with multiple problems but here is my backstory)

Recently, I have played around with my windows 8 os, essentially downgrading it to 7 because the features were quite annoying. Well, it was fine and all, until when I noticed after I finished downloading my updates for windows 7, my doctor debug would not light up anymore, and would only light up during the motherboard splash screen.

Okay, despite me noticing this, I knew that the dr. debug would startup during the Asrock splash screen with the menu...Alright, but then suddenly, I decided to reinstall windows 8 because I grew tired of experiencing a very slow bootup time for windows 7. >_<

Now this time...the remaining files from windows.old and sorts irritated me, I deleted that with diskmanager, but remaining bits of data also remained, so I decided to tweak my pc settings to see if I can do something to my harddrive.

All of a sudden, my windows 8 cant recognize any file, and when I restarted in panic, I received a message saying "Your PC Needs to be Repaired."

Now the issue is, could I wipe my harddrive from my Asrock BIOS? Is there anything I can do to get out of this situation?

Would be appreciated if someone can help.

However, one question still remains, my Doctor Debug. my mobo: (Asrock Z77 Extreme4) the LED RUNS during the bios splash screen, but it turns off when Windows 8 Starts, any help?

Thanks!

More about : bios problem problem

!