I use the PS2 mostly for GT4 and I don't need / want to go to the high
dollar, high expensive, HD TV, I just want a good regular TV. Can someone
give me suggestions in the $200 range? $300 range? I don't need / want a big
screen for my situation, probably 25" or 27".

Any recomendations appreciated (I'm in the US, by the way)

Chris

"Chris D'Agnolo" <cdagnolo@ev1.net> wrote in message
> I use the PS2 mostly for GT4 and I don't need / want to go to the high
> dollar, high expensive, HD TV, I just want a good regular TV. Can someone
> give me suggestions in the $200 range? $300 range? I don't need / want a
big
> screen for my situation, probably 25" or 27".

A Wega is out of your price range so I would recommend a Pansonic Tau.

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> I use the PS2 mostly for GT4 and I don't need / want to go to the high
> dollar, high expensive, HD TV, I just want a good regular TV. Can someone
> give me suggestions in the $200 range? $300 range? I don't need / want a big
> screen for my situation, probably 25" or 27".
>
> Any recomendations appreciated (I'm in the US, by the way)
>
> Chris

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/90399/originURLEncoded/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.circuitcity.com%252Frpsm%252FcatOid%252F-12867%252FN%252F20012866%252B20012867%252B525%252Flink%252Fref%252Frpem%252Fccd%252Fcategorylist.do/rpem/ccd/productDetailSpecification.do#tabs

This one is not bad. Fits in your price range ($200-$300), gives you a
flat screen. About the biggest size and most bang for your buck under
$300. At least as far as Circuit City goes. I have looked at that one
recently as I had to replace the one in my office/computer room. I ended
up going with something a little cheaper than that. I liked that Tv, but
with it not being my main one or one that would be getting that large of
a chunk of use I opted to go with a cheaper set for that room...the
Sylvania below.

PS-Circuit City is a good place to look around at online, even if you
don't plan to buy from them. They have consumer reviews there on most
every product and they can be quite helpful sometimes.

I found this one on sale a few weeks ago for $159, it is pretty basic.
Lacks audio outputs, and no S-video. It has a nice picture though and it
is a 27" so it is a lot of Tv for the money. If you want to go that
route then this is a good one. I own two Sylvania's and they are solid
Tv's. I have the 20" flat screen in the kitchen. The other rooms where I
have Tv's I don't have as much into them and the Sylvania's are great
for that purpose. The 27" is not watched too awful much and not what I
use for games, regular tv viewing or movies. That is done in the den on
the Sony ;) If you want the biggest size for the lowest price then
this is about it, I looked at most everything out there within the past
4 weeks before going with this one. If you watch out or shop around,
check the weekend ads, you can find this set for around the $159-$169 range.

http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=100893&Ne=410000000&pCategoryId=117&Ns=PRODUCT_IMAGE_FLAG%7c%7cPRODUCT_NAME%7c0&N=118+4294966863&Nty=1&categoryId=118&gpCategoryId=89

On Tue, 3 May 2005 18:28:43 -0500, "Chris D'Agnolo" <cdagnolo@ev1.net> spewed
forth these words of wisdom:

>I use the PS2 mostly for GT4 and I don't need / want to go to the high
>dollar, high expensive, HD TV, I just want a good regular TV. Can someone
>give me suggestions in the $200 range? $300 range? I don't need / want a big
>screen for my situation, probably 25" or 27".
>
>Any recomendations appreciated (I'm in the US, by the way)
>
>Chris

Toshiba 26HF85 - 26" 16x9, 540p and 1080i support. HDMI, HD-component x2,
S-Video x 3. Only $499.99 from Amazon. Save up!

Galley

If you can afford a SONY WEGA, spend the extra dough. My standard def
Sony's look IMMACULATE with the PS2 and X-Box.

"Chris D'Agnolo" <cdagnolo@ev1.net> wrote in message
>I use the PS2 mostly for GT4 and I don't need / want to go to the high
> dollar, high expensive, HD TV, I just want a good regular TV. Can someone
> give me suggestions in the $200 range? $300 range? I don't need / want a
> big
> screen for my situation, probably 25" or 27".
>
> Any recomendations appreciated (I'm in the US, by the way)
>
> Chris

"Chris D'Agnolo" <cdagnolo@ev1.net> wrote in message
>I use the PS2 mostly for GT4 and I don't need / want to go to the high
> dollar, high expensive, HD TV, I just want a good regular TV. Can someone
> give me suggestions in the $200 range? $300 range? I don't need / want a
> big
> screen for my situation, probably 25" or 27".
>
> Any recomendations appreciated (I'm in the US, by the way)
>
> Chris

I bought a phillips 27" (not a flat screen) last month for $189 at costco.
It has both s-video and component inputs so I thought it was a good deal
since I use compenent cables. The picture is really nice for the price. It
looks good to. Its a silver model with the speakers along the outside so its
just not a plain black one. I think its like $219 or 229 at bestbuy so if
you got a costco nearby you might want to take a look and save a few bucks.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

go to walmart always good deals on tv.s

Rowdy J <jkehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> If you can afford a SONY WEGA, spend the extra dough. My standard def
> Sony's look IMMACULATE with the PS2 and X-Box.

I second this reccomendation. I have an older 27" WEGA and it's awesome.
I got a deal on it by buying the floor model. I see the set, new, is
about $400 - a bit above your budget, but you might be able to score a
deal buy shopping around or trying to buy the floor model.

Thanks all!

Chris

"Fuzzy Logic" <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> wrote in message
> > Are you suggesting HDTV will be the norm in 2 years?
> > That would be one hell of a huge jump from my 0.05 stations now being a
> > HDTV broadcast.
>
> Possibly as soon as December 31, 2006:
>
> > http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/networktv/article_display.jsp?>
vnu_content_id=1000895349

I'll believe it when I see it on my t.v.
I have been hearing "dates" of when this is going to happen for over 5 years
now.

On Mon, 9 May 2005 14:00:49 -0400, "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com>
spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>I'll believe it when I see it on my t.v.
>I have been hearing "dates" of when this is going to happen for over 5 years
>now.

It would cost the government about $1-2 billion to subsidize poor citizens that
cannot afford a set-top box. They stand to make dozens of billions or more from
selling the old analog frequencies.

Galley

Galley <Galley@spam-jammer.galleytech.com> wrote:

> It would cost the government about $1-2 billion to subsidize poor citizens that
> cannot afford a set-top box. They stand to make dozens of billions or more from
> selling the old analog frequencies.

Is that all? Heck, just tell the troops in Iraq to take a 3 day vacation
or something... ;)