Anonymous_26

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
I wanted to do a cheap office build and I was looking at the AMD FM-1 socket. What I wanted to know is, is the Fusion APU's based on Bulldozer or the older PhenomII & Athelon II architecture?

Solution
llano apu are based on k10 on 32nm fabrication process
you can say that llano have die shrink athlon 2 core or die shrink phenom 2 core withou cache.

mahroofali

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
AMD Fusion will be better for graphics. Hardware acceleration will reduce the load of the processor. I recommend neither,because you know your needs and usage patterns than us. If you provide some more details,we may be able to figure out.
And,newer architecture is better than an old one

Anonymous_26

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Newer is better..not always. Bulldozer is horrible it is slower and gets beaten in most programs by the older Athelon II and Phenom II. In this case older is better.
As I said this would be an office computer so it would be used for word, excel, spread sheets, powerpoint, looking up info on the internet and accounting programs. How does the Fusion do in performance compared to other AMD CPU's like Phenom II and Athelon II and Intel Sandy Bridges? The one I was looking at one that /has four cores but does having integrated graphics slow down the overall processor speed.

TRENDING THREADS