Solved

I5 3550, which mobo should i get

i'm building a gaming pc, the important pieces that i have/decided to get are:

cpu : i5 3550
gpu : msi r6950 twin frozr III

someone suggested me to get the ASRock z75 PRO GAMER ATX, but i think that that mobo supports overclocking with is useless to me since i'm not gonna do that, please tell me whether i should or shouldn't get that mobo knowing that it's on a decent price, and suggest any other good mobo knowing that i'm not looking to overclock anything, thx
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3550 mobo
  1. Get the MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard for $70. It has 4 memory slots, a PCIe 3.0 x16 slot in order not to bottleneck your video card, and it's non-overclockable w/a B75 chipset.
  2. hammereditor said:
    Get the MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard for $70. It has 4 memory slots, a PCIe 3.0 x16 slot in order not to bottleneck your video card, and it's non-overclockable w/a B75 chipset.

ok i'll look into that but just one question:
    there are two other options i found for the b75 series,
    msi b75ma-e33 for 89$
    msi b75A-g43 for 108$
    the prices are higher than they should be in the US btw
  3. i would pick the one with the 4 slots of ram.

and no offense to sir hammereditor, but you don't have to worry about pci-e 3.0, no single card can saturate 2.0
  4. Cons29 said:
    i would pick the one with the 4 slots of ram.

and no offense to sir hammereditor, but you don't have to worry about pci-e 3.0, no single card can saturate 2.0

MSI B75A-G43
    i can afford this one and it has 4 ram slots, is it a good mobo for my i5 3550 and R6950?
  5. Best answer
    The MSI B75A-g43 is good and it should work well with the both the processor and the video card that you have selected.

I think I would be going with a little higher end board like the ASRock Z77 Pro4 of you are looking for more of a gaming platform.
  6. ^I also recommend ASRock. Even if you are not overclocking, you still need quality. I like MSIs gpus, but have no experience with their boards as the tend to under perform compared to the rest of the brands.
  7. Best answer selected by whenistart911.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking Intel i5