TV Looks Horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanfiem

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Hello everyone. I was hoping you all can help me out. I just built a new computer here are the specs
i5 2500k
775w thermaltake psu
Gigabyte GA-z68xp-ud4
ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB MSI twin frozr III PE/OC
Gskill sniper 2x4gb (8gb)
42inch 1080p 60hz Dynex (connected through a no name HDMI cable, thinking this may be the problem but it worked great on the sattelite box.

Well I am at a loss as to why my tv looks like crap. I Installed everything correctly and the computer is running fine. But the graphics look terrible! I went into the bios and made sure the PCI e is at x16 and it says that it is. Updated all of the drivers as well and It still looks pretty pixelated. SO do you guys think I have a bad card or is it my tv that sucks.

When I watch normal tv (through components) it looks fine everything appears normal but when I switch to the HDMI the screen looks all pixelated. I really hope this is not a problem with my tv b/c I bought this rig to play games and the games will look like crap I am sure. So if anyone knows of anything let me know thanks!

Solution
Okay. i have a tv also a 32" tv. if i run in desktop mode. the resolution is 1360x768. and if i play games it is 1080p. in desktop mode it will look like crap on 1080p. so change the resolution till you find the right one. it will probally will be 1360x768. and chage your games resolution to 1080p.

you need to change some setting on your tv also. the sharpness should be 0. aspect ratio 16:9. and see if anything else will make a change

stanfiem

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
I just ran 3d mark and I got 19966 3dMarks. Is this any good? When I was running it it looked ok but Some aspects of the test was a little pixelated. I am beggining to think that maybe it is because of the size of the tv. But IDK if anyone can help that would be great.

stanfiem

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Yes I ran 3dmark11. I just dont get it. I was expecting the picture to look much better. I had one of the older gigabyte radeon cards about 5 years ago and it looked better than this (I think it was th 9600 or something). I am thinking may be my card is messed up. It says 3dmark vantage what ever that means. Are there any other tests I can run to check my cpu and ram and gfx card??

stanfiem

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
OK so I am playing Oblivion right now (it is the only game I have right now) and It looks pretty good. My desktop and browser look pretty bad too. Cant think of anything. Pretty weird if you ask me. The games are nice but the desktop looks very pixellated. Is this normal for an HDTV??

Jurgens

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Okay. i have a tv also a 32" tv. if i run in desktop mode. the resolution is 1360x768. and if i play games it is 1080p. in desktop mode it will look like crap on 1080p. so change the resolution till you find the right one. it will probally will be 1360x768. and chage your games resolution to 1080p.

you need to change some setting on your tv also. the sharpness should be 0. aspect ratio 16:9. and see if anything else will make a change

Solution

stanfiem

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
It def looks better. I'm going to keep playing around with the settings until I get it looking good.
On a side note do you know any programs to check the stabiltity of my cpu ram and gfx I want to run some tests before I start OC them. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.