Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nokia 5165 charger

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 5:53:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Will a Nokia 5165 charger work on a Motorola V220? I'm thinking of
upgrading with Cingular and will get the Motorola for $29. Do I have to
buy a charger explicitly for that cell phone?

Diane M

More about : nokia 5165 charger

June 25, 2005 5:53:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:53:54 GMT, Diane McGill
<dianem37@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Will a Nokia 5165 charger work on a Motorola V220? I'm thinking of
>upgrading with Cingular and will get the Motorola for $29. Do I have to
>buy a charger explicitly for that cell phone?

Nokia and Motorola definitely do not take the same charger. Most
Nokia chargers will work with other Nokia phones. Such is not the
case with Motorola.
- -
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 9:30:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Joseph wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:53:54 GMT, Diane McGill
> <dianem37@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>
>>Will a Nokia 5165 charger work on a Motorola V220? I'm thinking of
>>upgrading with Cingular and will get the Motorola for $29. Do I have to
>>buy a charger explicitly for that cell phone?
>
>
> Nokia and Motorola definitely do not take the same charger. Most
> Nokia chargers will work with other Nokia phones. Such is not the
> case with Motorola.
> - -
>
Thanks, Joseph, for the info. Guess I'll just have to trash two
perfectly good chargers.

Diane
June 26, 2005 2:32:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Diane McGill" <dianem37@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:mxgve.9162$NX4.4589@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Joseph wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:53:54 GMT, Diane McGill
>> <dianem37@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Will a Nokia 5165 charger work on a Motorola V220? I'm thinking of
>>>upgrading with Cingular and will get the Motorola for $29. Do I have to
>>>buy a charger explicitly for that cell phone?
>>
>>
>> Nokia and Motorola definitely do not take the same charger. Most
>> Nokia chargers will work with other Nokia phones. Such is not the
>> case with Motorola.
>> - -
>>
> Thanks, Joseph, for the info. Guess I'll just have to trash two perfectly
> good chargers.
>
> Diane

Or, keep the chargers.. don't buy the phone.

VERY bad experience with that phone.. and I have two.

Latest problem? One cellphone won't charge... and it is NOT the charger (I
have two - tried both.) It is also NOT the battery (again, I've swapped
them).

What it is, is a lousy phone design, and even lousier service (new
protection program takes all techs and replacements out of the store - it is
done entirely through snail mail) ... and replacement phone fee is way too
high - especially since you lose all your ringtones, games, and things
downloaded.
!