Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Newegg really messed up this time

Last response: in Systems
December 17, 2011 2:39:37 AM

Super excited today to get home and put together my new components. Just to find the worst packaging job ever.

Look at these pics!!!

Not once ounce of packaging material. The power supply just bashed everything into crap!!!

<embed src="http://imageshack.us/slideshow/smilplayer.swf" width="426" height="320" name="smilplayer" id="smilplayer" bgcolor="FFFFFF" menu="false" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="id=imageshack/20111216170337.jpg"/>

If newegg doesnt make this right Im gonna flip out.

Any other experiences like this?

Ive used them for years and spent thousands of dollars with them. This is just freakin crazy!

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7532/20111216170337....
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8382/20111216170327.jpg
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/8471/20111216170317....

More about : newegg messed time

December 17, 2011 2:53:49 AM

looks like it was damaged even before shipping
m
l
a b ) Power supply
December 17, 2011 2:54:14 AM

Wow, I've never seen anything like that from newegg!!
I do know they have great customer service so I can see no reason why they wouldn't try to make this right ASAP. Sometimes it takes companies a day or two to respond to email messages though, so I recommend that you get on with customer service through a chat session if possible and get this addressed right away.
m
l
Related resources
a c 92 ) Power supply
December 17, 2011 2:57:46 AM

Never had that happen. They've always put in peanuts, or bubble wrap, etc.
m
l
a c 144 ) Power supply
December 17, 2011 3:04:06 AM

I also have always had plenty of packing in boxes from newegg.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
December 17, 2011 3:06:59 AM

Same as the above, If I want to return things I need to take out atleast half the peanuts to get the item to fit again xD

But yeah, talk to there chat help, they are usually very nice, or call them... Sending them emails is a bit non-personal (not a word, I know.)
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:08:52 AM

new unworthy employee jealous of your gear? There should be an id number of the package newegg will probably want from you to identify the knucklehead who packaged it.

Sorry for your bad luck here :( 

Edit; theres no damage to the outside of the box is there? no tine holes from forklifts? still doubt it was an courier job here. seems like just the look of the poor packaging it was from newegg.
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:11:53 AM

I actually had the opposite problem. They used a huge box and a metric crap-ton of packing peanuts for just a mouse pad. Sorry about your stuff, they better make it right.
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:13:19 AM

lmao atleast they gave you peanuts
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:14:43 AM

The box looked intact from the outside, but the minute I picked it up it was obvious something was wrong.

Its like the person packaging it was working their last day before a vacation and wanted to get off asap. I just cant imagine how this shipped out with these loose items in the big ole box it was in.
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:16:41 AM

I cant tell if the CPU and memory are messed up, But the mobo has broken parts like the memory hold down tabs and I dont even want to take a chance at keeping it and trying it out.
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:17:37 AM

Ordered lots and lots of stuff from Newegg and never an issue always had piles of packing materiel! Must have been a newbie in the shipping department. Send those pix to Newegg, there should be no problem. kinda looks like they were playing soccer with it before it made it in the box.
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:18:58 AM

yea well the parts inside the big box were probably shaken around quite a bit. I wouldnt touch any of it and wait for newegg to give you the green light to send it back. Damn i feel you having to wait ;\ they should give you something free for the inconvenience.
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:24:51 AM

hmm it is a possibility, maybe customs had something to do with this????
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:35:41 AM

It didnt have to go through customs. In fact it only had to make a trip from southern cal to northern.

m
l
December 17, 2011 3:51:51 AM

send all that *** back and demand some sort of compensation, that is some bs right there. I wouldn't risk using any of those components.
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:52:20 AM

here in australia, every parcel/package is scanned by the postal service. In the us is probably the same?
Your package could have been looked at and not put back properly, including the bubble rap.

Dunno, hope this is worked out soon and report back to please so we know what really happened - doubt newegg would tell if it was courier at work here.
m
l
a c 80 ) Power supply
December 17, 2011 3:55:21 AM

In all the pictures that you posted the only thing you showed that had damage was the motherboard box , was anything else damaged , because you do want to show Newegg more than one item damaged with three photos. Also that motherboard box looks like it was damaged before it was put in your box , the inside of your box looks undamaged and it may have been a return that some idiot threw into your box just to be an a$$h@!e.
m
l
December 17, 2011 4:03:28 AM

slickpuss said:
It didnt have to go through customs. In fact it only had to make a trip from southern cal to northern.

Im guessing thats why they thought itd be alright to ship it without protection. :ange: 

When Newegg ships to my place from Memphis to North Arkansas, its one day shipping. They never use any packing material either. Though I guess UPS is just nicer with my boxes around here than your California shippers.
m
l
December 17, 2011 4:04:25 AM

That really is an extreme case, but this is newegg. Don't worry, I'm sure things will be fine.
m
l
December 17, 2011 4:23:31 AM

The power supply seems unscathed, but its a big hunk of metal. The ram had one layer of bubble wrap on it and mysteriously looks ok. I guess a little bubble wrap goes a long way.

The CPU box is a bit crunched and I suspect that the heat sink took the beating. I havent opened it yet.

The mobo definitely took the brunt of the beating.
m
l
December 17, 2011 4:24:23 AM

Uh, It looks like the box ripped. (Here's your sign).
m
l
December 17, 2011 4:44:38 AM

Sunfighterlc said:
Im guessing thats why they thought itd be alright to ship it without protection. :ange: 

When Newegg ships to my place from Memphis to North Arkansas, its one day shipping. They never use any packing material either. Though I guess UPS is just nicer with my boxes around here than your California shippers.

I could see possibly not using any or much packing if the items were somewhat tight in the box, but this box was 3 times the size of its contents, so everything just rattled around, and power supplys arent too soft and light.
m
l
a c 92 ) Power supply
December 17, 2011 5:32:03 AM

You should have been a Diablotek, or rosewill PSU if you wanted a light one that wouldn't have beat up your motherboard box.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Edit: Should have ordered rather....
m
l
December 17, 2011 5:58:53 AM

lol funny joke but doubt any box doesnt matter how heavy it is would give a tear/whack like that. Cardboard/flatsides/transport movement..theres no way. If it wasnt for sure rampaging customs then obviously by the picture its been put in the box already like that.
m
l
December 17, 2011 6:16:13 PM

Well this is their first response...

We are sorry to hear that the item arrived damaged. Does it appear to have been damaged in shipping? If so then we are able to file a claim with FedEx/UPS on your behalf.

Yea right, make this my problem.

Im gonna have to get much better service than this!
m
l
December 17, 2011 6:35:44 PM

I got to talk to someone there.

They are going to send out replacements on Monday or Tuesday.

So far although a pain in the butt and inconvenience, they are trying to make good.

Perhaps next time I wont opt to pay the extra 2 bucks for fast handling or whatever they call it. That must mean throw it in a box and ship it out quick.
m
l

Best solution

December 17, 2011 11:57:47 PM

I feel really bad for you man. Newegg will help you their customer service is really good... the worse part is the long wait you will have to go through :\
December 27, 2011 4:24:19 PM

Best answer selected by slickpuss.
m
l
!