Black screen, post beeps, loss of hair

adam8788

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Hello,

I know this question has been asked a thousand times but i cant seem to find the right answer to my problem.

PC specs:
AMD quad processor
Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe mobo
880W PSU (4x12V @ 19A)
6GB DDR2 Ram
Vista x64
Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5 (new card)
Radeon 3800 series 512MB ddr2 (old card)

Now i decided to treat myself to a few new pieces (heat sink, Blu-ray drive, 2xcase fans and my new card) and gave my PC a deep clean whilst installing (taking care with ESD) installed everything fine, made sure all connections were secure before finally booting to see my glorious work...however upon boot i get a black screen with the power light on my monitor blinking. I do get some POST error beeps which suggest the graphics card.
I removed the new graphics card and re-installed the old card however i still get a black screen......
I have spent 24hours searching forums for the solution but i am at a loss.

My Mobo does NOT have integrated graphics so being able to get an image will be impossible and i know of no one who will have the PC specs to even run my new card to test that end.

Would clearing the CMOS help me at all?
I did realise in my stupidity that i forgot to uninstall my drivers before installing the new card...DOH...would that be the route of my problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Adam

SuperCruz

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Yea, i would clear the CMOS. At this point you cant get past POST anyway. I had a similar issue when I got a SSD. Just follow the procedues from your ASUS motherboard book. Any other motherboard settings you had would need to be reapplied.

You could check around but I believe this is an issue with ASUS boards. Lemme know how it turns out.