Your question

FX-6100 or 960T unlock

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
March 22, 2012 12:09:10 PM

Hi guys,

I'm coming up close to buying all the stuff for my new build.
I have all the parts pretty much decided but i'm stuck between getting the new bulldozer architecture or not.
There's not much price difference between the two cores, and the 960T has a good track record of overclocking and unlocking.

The one problem that I've seen is that the bulldozer is slower than it should be on windows 7, but with windows 8 coming round the corner, would the performance post windows 8 be better than the 960T at 6 cores?

If your wondering the hardware i'm buying is as follows:

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
Corsair H8
Corsair GS800 PSU
Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 60GB SSD for a boot drive
Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive as storage
AMD 8GB DDR3 1600mhz CL8 Performance Edition Memory

All of this is going in a Bitfenix colossus.

If you guys have any ideas on changes to the hardware as well, I'll be happy to hear you out, but I want to know whether or not the bulldozer is a good idea or not.

Thanks guys

More about : 6100 960t unlock

a b à CPUs
March 22, 2012 12:16:00 PM

Win 8 is like putting lipstick on a wild boar when it comes to BD. There is some things that just can't be patched to improve the performance of BD. Performance per core and per clock BD is slower than Phenom. So My advice to you is just go with Phenom, I got two of them and they hold up very well in most games and applications.
March 22, 2012 1:28:53 PM

nforce4max said:
Win 8 is like putting lipstick on a wild boar when it comes to BD. There is some things that just can't be patched to improve the performance of BD. Performance per core and per clock BD is slower than Phenom. So My advice to you is just go with Phenom, I got two of them and they hold up very well in most games and applications.

Thanks for getting back so quick and that's what I thought, I was a bit sceptical with there being a huge performance increase with the bulldozers and windows 8.