1300$ Gaming Rig Buying Today

cod50

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: Today

Budget Range: 1300 USD

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Games and general tasks

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) Powersupply Thermaltake 600 watt 80+ gold rated (5 years old).
Thermaltake Shark case.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:Local computer stores

Parts Preferences: Intel Nvidia

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe Later

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

Additional Comments: Hey I am buying A gaming rig today and they didnt have some of the parts I was hoping for so had to compromise with parts that I would assume are decent but I was hoping for a second opinion!

CPU: Intel i5 2500k
Motherboard:Asus p8z68v
Ram: Kingston 1600mhz 4GB * 2
SSD: Kingston 120GB (He didnt give me a model or anything so assume it is the cheapest one)
GPU: Zotac GTX 570 (Not sure which one)

My old case and my old PSU as listed above.

My main concerns are;
- The GPU; I havent heard of Zotac before.
- The motherboard; I was hoping for an asrock extreme 3 gen 3
- the SSD; Does anyone know any outstanding concerns with it?
- And the PSU being 5 years old; would that be a problem; it was a gold rated 80+ so I assume it could do many more years.

Thank you for your help I would usually be researching this my self but as I am getting it today I was hoping to take other peoples knowledge on the parts.

I was quoted 4730 AED (local currency Dirhams) Which is 1287 USD That is fine for me.

Solution
ah, I see well the only other thing is if your planning on doing sli/cf then going to need a higher wattage psu like a good 750w or 850 will due. but for a single gpu card 600w is fine. as for the gpu, if you haven't heard of them, do alot of research on them BEFORE you buy. that way you know what your getting into, otherwise go with evga, msi, or asus. one more thing, if the ssd is this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139601, then you should be good..it's getting some really good reviews.

cod50

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Yea I love newegg but I cant get it in Dubai,UAE; the best place, price-wise, would be these local computer stores but they just dont have the range of products I need :( I dont mind paying the extra they charge as i get the computer built, tested and installed on the spot as posting back warranty claims to the USA would be ridiculously expensive.

James296

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
ah, I see well the only other thing is if your planning on doing sli/cf then going to need a higher wattage psu like a good 750w or 850 will due. but for a single gpu card 600w is fine. as for the gpu, if you haven't heard of them, do alot of research on them BEFORE you buy. that way you know what your getting into, otherwise go with evga, msi, or asus. one more thing, if the ssd is this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139601, then you should be good..it's getting some really good reviews.

Solution