Sapphire 6570 2gb + 300w Power supply

scienceisfun91

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011

Are you crazy? Nvidia card take lots more power than ATI cards. That's the last time I take info from you.

Jean-Luc

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Thanks for your help, but how can I be Certain that my Graphics card isn't being faulty with me having to push start the fan, and I'm a UK resident, but I can see where i need to go Cheers.

beenthere

Distinguished
The link below will tell you exactly how much PSU power in watts and 12v rail amps. are required for your current or future PC build without any guessing or arguing.

As far as the fan goes, if it's not a newer PSU with load controlled fan operation, then you might want to replace it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314712-28-please-read-determine-power-required

ONCE YOU LEARN HOW TO PROPERLY CALCULATE PSU POWER REQUIREMENTS YOU WON'T NEED TO EVER GUESS AGAIN !

You got it backwards. Actually AMD cards use LESS power than comparable Nvidia cards.

You don't want a 6570 2GB. You'll never use the other 1GB and it's probably more expensive and slower memory. The 1GB version likely has faster memory than the 2GB version. It's a trick to make people think it's better but actually it could perform worse.

Jean-Luc

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Thanks for the input, and destroying my graphics card lol but I got it for £50, so I might as well return my card and get something else?

But my main question was, is my Card defective, I.E I have to push the fan to get it to move, and not well.

Jean-Luc

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
lol yep, I've just ordered a 5670 1gb GDDR5 for £65, I'm going to return that 6570 in the morning when I find my printer lead.

Jean-Luc

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011

Yeah I had a 5450 on a 160 watt hp slim, the psu did limit it but it still did the job considering it wanted 400 watts.

You realize that your Q6600 cpu alone is 95w right? I would not recommend running a 95w cpu, a video card and all your other components on a 200w psu, let alone a 160w psu, your just asking for a fire at some point, and I'm surprised it didn't happen already.

Keep fire extinguisher handy.

Jean-Luc

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
I know this is practically a triple post, but I am not allowed to edit my posts?

Did some fiddling with AMD Overdrive, the fan works a charm, tested it at 100% and it got to 100%, rather than lying to me.

Thanks you guys, and especially the person who showed me a better card.