What protocol does a 3G phone use to anchor to an access r..

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cdma,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.tech,alt.cellular.umts (More info?)

Dear all,

I am just wondering what protocol the 3G phones use to anchor to an access
router (or SGSN) at power on?

Thanks very much in advance.

Patrick
1 answer Last reply
More about what protocol phone anchor access

    "Patrick Lam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I am just wondering what protocol the 3G phones use to anchor to an access
    > router (or SGSN) at power on?

    They attach using the GPRS Mobility Management protocol. Following an attach
    they aquire an IP address using the Session Management protocol (PDP context
    creation).

    /Henrik

GSM Phones Routers