Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Upgrade

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 22, 2012 3:50:19 PM

Ok so we all know how bad FX turned out to be. So that being said i am getting a replacement for it:

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Sub...

3 things:

1: I don't plan to overclock so ATX will be just fine!
2. SLI is possible with this board!
3. the 2500 is a good processor

Opinions?

More about : upgrade

a c 188 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 22, 2012 3:57:59 PM

Sorry you need to make your build public right now it is showing as empty. As far as the Intel Core i5-2500 it is an outstanding processor and the only reason isnt more popular is how much value you can get from the Intel Core i5-2500K and how easy it is to overclock.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 22, 2012 4:08:16 PM

Doing that now!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 22, 2012 4:37:07 PM

Nvm, if you guys can tell me, and hopefully be honest and save me some money.. and time...

If i got this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Or a Phenom II Six core from where else (Newegg doesn't have it anymore) would i be bottlenecking anything. By getting a 980 and a GTX 680?
a c 188 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 22, 2012 4:37:54 PM

Ok the board that you have selected is a Micro-ATX board so it will be limited for the number of expansion slots that you can use on it but still a very nice board and the Intel® Core™ i5-2500 is a very good processor that should allow you to run anything out there right now and for some time to come. While I would look at a full size ATX board so as to not limit my expansion capibilities like the Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 but otherwise it looks like you are going to have a nice system.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 22, 2012 4:46:30 PM

thanks!, well i am still trying to decide. my my main goal is to get a GTX 680. and not Bottle neck my system by having more graphics horse power than my processor can handle. I have been hearing a Phenom II Six core might do that. Since i already have a top of the line AMD board and i don't want to rebuild my system from the ground up.

Best solution

a b à CPUs
March 22, 2012 7:50:34 PM

Rockdpm said:
thanks!, well i am still trying to decide. my my main goal is to get a GTX 680. and not Bottle neck my system by having more graphics horse power than my processor can handle. I have been hearing a Phenom II Six core might do that. Since i already have a top of the line AMD board and i don't want to rebuild my system from the ground up.

Hi :) 

Try and find an 1100T 6 core if you can and want to stick with AMD....it outperforms all the i3s , most of the i5s and even some i7s depending on what you are doing...

I run them IN MY GAMING MACHINES....

All the best Brett :) 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 22, 2012 8:03:15 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Try and find an 1100T 6 core if you can and want to stick with AMD....it outperforms all the i3s , most of the i5s and even some i7s depending on what you are doing...

I run them IN MY GAMING MACHINES....

All the best Brett :) 

Thanks Brett. I will begin my Search. if you could help me find a good deal on a 1100T, that would be greatly appreciated!
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 29, 2012 12:02:02 AM

Best answer selected by Rockdpm.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 29, 2012 12:02:16 AM

Thanks to everyone who contributed
!