Solved

Upgrade

Ok so we all know how bad FX turned out to be. So that being said i am getting a replacement for it:

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view

3 things:

1: I don't plan to overclock so ATX will be just fine!
2. SLI is possible with this board!
3. the 2500 is a good processor

Opinions?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade
  1. Sorry you need to make your build public right now it is showing as empty. As far as the Intel Core i5-2500 it is an outstanding processor and the only reason isnt more popular is how much value you can get from the Intel Core i5-2500K and how easy it is to overclock.

Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  2. Doing that now!
  3. Nvm, if you guys can tell me, and hopefully be honest and save me some money.. and time...

If i got this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103935&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=4176827&SID=1tztiixoaqa3

Or a Phenom II Six core from where else (Newegg doesn't have it anymore) would i be bottlenecking anything. By getting a 980 and a GTX 680?
  4. Ok the board that you have selected is a Micro-ATX board so it will be limited for the number of expansion slots that you can use on it but still a very nice board and the Intel® Core™ i5-2500 is a very good processor that should allow you to run anything out there right now and for some time to come. While I would look at a full size ATX board so as to not limit my expansion capibilities like the Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 but otherwise it looks like you are going to have a nice system.

Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  5. thanks!, well i am still trying to decide. my my main goal is to get a GTX 680. and not Bottle neck my system by having more graphics horse power than my processor can handle. I have been hearing a Phenom II Six core might do that. Since i already have a top of the line AMD board and i don't want to rebuild my system from the ground up.
  6. Best answer
    Rockdpm said:
    thanks!, well i am still trying to decide. my my main goal is to get a GTX 680. and not Bottle neck my system by having more graphics horse power than my processor can handle. I have been hearing a Phenom II Six core might do that. Since i already have a top of the line AMD board and i don't want to rebuild my system from the ground up.

Hi :)

Try and find an 1100T 6 core if you can and want to stick with AMD....it outperforms all the i3s , most of the i5s and even some i7s depending on what you are doing...

I run them IN MY GAMING MACHINES....

All the best Brett :)
  7. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

Try and find an 1100T 6 core if you can and want to stick with AMD....it outperforms all the i3s , most of the i5s and even some i7s depending on what you are doing...

I run them IN MY GAMING MACHINES....

All the best Brett :)

Thanks Brett. I will begin my Search. if you could help me find a good deal on a 1100T, that would be greatly appreciated!
  8. Best answer selected by Rockdpm.
  9. Thanks to everyone who contributed
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Product