Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I scratched my mobo a bit installing a GPU HELP

Last response: in Motherboards
January 28, 2013 8:40:59 PM

I'm worried it's a little scartch near the GPU but I see the "metal" of the circuit did I messed it up? Should I expect any problems??

I'm with the computer on writing this and everything seems to be working fine.... but this can't be good. Really worried :cry: 

(big image)
http://i.imgur.com/Gb84xPy.jpg
a c 82 V Motherboard
January 28, 2013 8:48:32 PM

I cant see the pcit but as long as you did not cut a trace you will be fine. The coating is there as rust prevention and to provide color.
m
l
January 28, 2013 8:50:39 PM

popatim said:
I cant see the pcit but as long as you did not cut a trace you will be fine. The coating is there as rust prevention and to provide color.

What exactly is the trace? The small scratch is on some bronze lines :S.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

January 28, 2013 9:45:10 PM

RufioStill said:
What exactly is the trace? The small scratch is on some bronze lines :S.

Those little bronze lines are the traces. Your picture is rather fuzzy, so I cannot tell by looking at it how bad the scratch is.

However, having said that, considering you're posting from the system currently, you should be fine. I've accidentally scratched the coating on my mobo before by having my heat sink/fan jump out of my hand and take a header on the board. Got a magnifying glass, determined the scratch didn't go deep enough to disrupt anything, and I never had a problem with it.
January 28, 2013 11:00:43 PM

ogasnor said:
Those little bronze lines are the traces. Your picture is rather fuzzy, so I cannot tell by looking at it how bad the scratch is.

However, having said that, considering you're posting from the system currently, you should be fine. I've accidentally scratched the coating on my mobo before by having my heat sink/fan jump out of my hand and take a header on the board. Got a magnifying glass, determined the scratch didn't go deep enough to disrupt anything, and I never had a problem with it.

I think it's not a deep scratch. This makes me feel better thanks.
m
l
January 28, 2013 11:00:52 PM

Best answer selected by RufioStill.
m
l
!