I scratched my mobo a bit installing a GPU HELP

RufioStill

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I'm worried it's a little scartch near the GPU but I see the "metal" of the circuit did I messed it up? Should I expect any problems??

I'm with the computer on writing this and everything seems to be working fine.... but this can't be good. Really worried :cry:

(big image)
http://i.imgur.com/Gb84xPy.jpg

Solution

Those little bronze lines are the traces. Your picture is rather fuzzy, so I cannot tell by looking at it how bad the scratch is.

However, having said that, considering you're posting from the system currently, you should be fine. I've accidentally scratched the coating on my mobo before by having my heat sink/fan jump out of my hand and take a header on the board. Got a magnifying glass, determined the scratch didn't go deep enough to disrupt anything, and I never had a problem with it.

RufioStill

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

What exactly is the trace? The small scratch is on some bronze lines :S.

ogasnor

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2013

Those little bronze lines are the traces. Your picture is rather fuzzy, so I cannot tell by looking at it how bad the scratch is.

However, having said that, considering you're posting from the system currently, you should be fine. I've accidentally scratched the coating on my mobo before by having my heat sink/fan jump out of my hand and take a header on the board. Got a magnifying glass, determined the scratch didn't go deep enough to disrupt anything, and I never had a problem with it.

Solution

RufioStill

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

I think it's not a deep scratch. This makes me feel better thanks.