all I want is a phone that works

Last response: in Technologies
April 26, 2004 3:07:56 AM

No games, no email, no messaging. I don't care what it looks like.
Reasonable battery life and enough VOLUME -- so I can hear people
talking to me. Just a phone I can put my T-mobile SIMM card in and
rely on.

anybody??

More about : phone works

April 26, 2004 9:56:13 AM

On 25 Apr 2004 23:07:56 -0700, mgarelick@capsf.org (M Garelick) wrote:

>No games, no email, no messaging. I don't care what it looks like.
>Reasonable battery life and enough VOLUME -- so I can hear people
>talking to me. Just a phone I can put my T-mobile SIMM card in and
>rely on.

An old no nonsense phone that will do what you want is a Nokia 5190.

remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 10:10:54 AM

In <25893c3a.0404252207.1447c0dd@posting.google.com> mgarelick@capsf.org (M Garelick) writes:

>No games, no email, no messaging. I don't care what it looks like.
>Reasonable battery life and enough VOLUME -- so I can hear people
>talking to me. Just a phone I can put my T-mobile SIMM card in and
>rely on.

i'm pretty happy with the nokia 3595, it came as a "freebie" with my
renewal a few months ago.
dannyb@panix.com
April 26, 2004 5:33:47 PM

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:07:56 -0700, M Garelick wrote:

> No games, no email, no messaging.

AFAIK no such beast exists.

> I don't care what it looks like.
> Reasonable battery life and enough VOLUME -- so I can hear people
> talking to me. Just a phone I can put my T-mobile SIMM card in and
> rely on.

Nokia 3310...fairly basic and is quite loud.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 5:33:48 PM

michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.04.26.12.33.46.735000@ivetva.arg>...
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:07:56 -0700, M Garelick wrote:
>
> > No games, no email, no messaging.
>
> AFAIK no such beast exists.

For clarification: I don't object to games, etc., I just don't need
them (so a lot of the stuff in reviews, comparison, etc., is static to
me).
April 27, 2004 6:15:54 AM

I was very happy with my Motorola v60gi. You should be able to pick one up
on ebay pretty easily.
I've since switched to a v600.

"M Garelick" <mgarelick@capsf.org> wrote in message
> No games, no email, no messaging. I don't care what it looks like.
> Reasonable battery life and enough VOLUME -- so I can hear people
> talking to me. Just a phone I can put my T-mobile SIMM card in and
> rely on.
>
> anybody??
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 4:57:39 AM

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:37:24 -0700, M Garelick wrote:

> michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.04.26.12.33.46.735000@ivetva.arg>...
>> On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:07:56 -0700, M Garelick wrote:
>>
>> > No games, no email, no messaging.
>>
>> AFAIK no such beast exists.
>>

> For clarification: I don't object to games, etc., I just don't need
> them (so a lot of the stuff in reviews, comparison, etc., is static to
> me).

Have a look at the Nokia 6310i.

--
Now playing: Deacon Blue - When Will You Make My Telephone Ring

Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
!