all I want is a phone that works

No games, no email, no messaging. I don't care what it looks like.
Reasonable battery life and enough VOLUME -- so I can hear people
talking to me. Just a phone I can put my T-mobile SIMM card in and
rely on.

anybody??
7 answers Last reply
More about phone works

    On 25 Apr 2004 23:07:56 -0700, mgarelick@capsf.org (M Garelick) wrote:

    >No games, no email, no messaging. I don't care what it looks like.
    >Reasonable battery life and enough VOLUME -- so I can hear people
    >talking to me. Just a phone I can put my T-mobile SIMM card in and
    >rely on.

    An old no nonsense phone that will do what you want is a Nokia 5190.

    remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

    In <25893c3a.0404252207.1447c0dd@posting.google.com> mgarelick@capsf.org (M Garelick) writes:

    >No games, no email, no messaging. I don't care what it looks like.
    >Reasonable battery life and enough VOLUME -- so I can hear people
    >talking to me. Just a phone I can put my T-mobile SIMM card in and
    >rely on.

    i'm pretty happy with the nokia 3595, it came as a "freebie" with my
    renewal a few months ago.
    dannyb@panix.com

    On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:07:56 -0700, M Garelick wrote:

    > No games, no email, no messaging.

    AFAIK no such beast exists.

    > I don't care what it looks like.
    > Reasonable battery life and enough VOLUME -- so I can hear people
    > talking to me. Just a phone I can put my T-mobile SIMM card in and
    > rely on.

    Nokia 3310...fairly basic and is quite loud.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.04.26.12.33.46.735000@ivetva.arg>...
    > On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:07:56 -0700, M Garelick wrote:
    >
    > > No games, no email, no messaging.
    >
    > AFAIK no such beast exists.

    For clarification: I don't object to games, etc., I just don't need
    them (so a lot of the stuff in reviews, comparison, etc., is static to
    me).

    I was very happy with my Motorola v60gi. You should be able to pick one up
    on ebay pretty easily.
    I've since switched to a v600.

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:37:24 -0700, M Garelick wrote:

    > michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.04.26.12.33.46.735000@ivetva.arg>...
    >> On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:07:56 -0700, M Garelick wrote:
    >>
    >> > No games, no email, no messaging.
    >>
    >> AFAIK no such beast exists.
    >>

    > For clarification: I don't object to games, etc., I just don't need
    > them (so a lot of the stuff in reviews, comparison, etc., is static to
    > me).

    Have a look at the Nokia 6310i.

    --
    Now playing: Deacon Blue - When Will You Make My Telephone Ring

    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 at 23:57 GMT, <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote:

    > Have a look at the Nokia 6310i.

    I bought a Ericsson r520m off eBay for about $50 and I think it's
    great. No camera, color, etc.

    --
    L.V.X., brother mouse
    http://www.mousetrap.net/otr/ Old Time Radio trades