Closed Solved

ASRock 970 Extreme3 FX 8350 Support?

Will the ASRock 970 Extreme3 support the FX 8350? Does the motherboard require a BIOS update? I know it needs to be updated to P1.50, but do these motherboards already ship as so?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asrock extreme3 8350 support
  1. As long as its an AM3+ board it will support the 8350
  2. I know that, but will it have support straight out of the box or will it require a BIOS update? I don't have any old AMD CPUs lying around, so I'm kinda screwed if I purchase this and it doesn't work.
  3. You could contact ASRock and see if the board comes with the BIOS update.
  4. I tried, but I received a poorly written email believe it or not. Perhaps I'll try calling Newegg or Amazon. They're the people I intend to buy from. I'll leave this thread open a little longer; perhaps someone will come by with valuable information.

Thanks for the fast response; I appreciate it. :)
  5. Hm, I may order it anyways. I think some guys from the computer club at my college may be able to help me out if I run into any trouble. Although, I'll make sure to ask first. One of the biggest lessons I've learned in life: Don't make assumptions. :)
  6. i might work as my motherboard (ASUS M5A97 R2.0) came without the updated BIOS but i was able to boot and install windows THEN update my BIOS to support my 8350
  7. Best answer
    I'll make this simple. If you have the 970 Extreme R2.0, you won't have to update because there is currently only 1 Bios for that mobo on AsRock's website. If you have the normal 970 Extreme, depending on when you bought it, you may have to to a Bios update.

Normal Extreme:
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=970%20Extreme3
  8. Bumpity Bump Bump...

Any info guys? Not even you guys with that shiny, gold motherboard badge can answer my question? ;)
  9. Best answer selected by DeusAres.
  10. Meh, thanks for the responses, guys. I'll probably just play it safe and go with the 990FX chipset.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Support Motherboards