Lock The Task Bar : Greyed Out after SP2

I usually change the size of the taskbar very often according to the tasks I
am doing. After upgrading to XP-SP2, I tried to resize my taskbar just to
find out that the option is greyed out. I am unaware of anyother method to
change the size of taskbar. Can anyone tell me why it has been greyed out?
Is there any solution to this?

Atif,

It's due to a group policy / registry setting:

Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
In the right-pane, delete the LockTaskbar value. Reboot, if required.

If your system is in a domain, contact your n/w admin to relax this
restriction.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User