Display port with 6950

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apotheoun

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
To do three monitors with one 6950 you have to use either 2DVI and the HDMI or 2 DP and the HDMI. What you have there won't work because you're turning a mini-DP to HDMI. Just run a HDMI from the HDMI port on the card and you'll be fine. You may have to go into Catalyst Control Center and group all the monitors together for them all to work.

howardp6

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
Do you have Eyeinfinity installed. As I understand it one of the dispalys has to connected via a displayport connector to support more than two displays. I am not certain if a displayport to DVI connector quailfies.

dontqqnub

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
The adapter has to be active display to HDMI(DVI... or whatever) most cost more than $15

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999034 (mini DP to DVI) < I would go with this if your hdmi monitor has DVI on it

BTW to do eyefinity with 3+ monitors, only 2 of the monitors can be non-DP. SO the 3rd and any after have to be
hooked up to DP.
The adapter you ordered is a passive, you need a active(which actually converts the signal).

Solution

wildgene789

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Ive used 2dvi and hdmi it doesnt work and people told me i need a display port adapter and it would work but it still doesnt. I have catalyst control center if thats what you mean by eyeinfinity. I dont even wanna use them as eyeinfinity i just want to extend the display to have 3 different screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.