Gelst

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Ok I'm very new to the SSD game, I've only ever used a HDD before. I'm building a brand new pc and I plan on using an SSD this one...Kingston HyperX SH100S3B/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (HyperX Upgrade Kit)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139601

I mean I have basic questions.. Like, I am building a new gaming rig for the first time in 3 years and I am not sure what to install on my new SSD...
Do I just put an Operating System(win 7 x64) on it and the games I'm playing ? Do I use my oldschool hard drive that I'd planned on re-using as a secondary drive to serf the net from ? Or can I use the new SSD to surf the net ?

These are serious question from someone who has not used an SSs before, so I would appreciate any feedback. THanks!

Solution
SSD is lower in capacity as compared to HDD but SSD spee is much faster than HDD you can install OS on it and some other heavy games or applications and see thier loading time should be faster than HDD yes, HDD is important for data but SSD is design for particularly for windows to improve boot time and also for some heaviest games like BF3,skyrim,metro2013 etc.

xtreme5

Distinguished
SSD is lower in capacity as compared to HDD but SSD spee is much faster than HDD you can install OS on it and some other heavy games or applications and see thier loading time should be faster than HDD yes, HDD is important for data but SSD is design for particularly for windows to improve boot time and also for some heaviest games like BF3,skyrim,metro2013 etc.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS