Your question

Best sound card for music under $100

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Music
  • Components
Last response: in Components
March 22, 2012 9:38:45 PM

does anyone know a good sound card that's relatively cheap?

More about : sound card music 100

March 22, 2012 11:48:58 PM

The Xonar dg is only $30. Probably best bang for the buck. For music, just make sure you have a good set of speakers. And if you're not doing surround, the spdif port on your mobo might be a good option.
m
l
March 23, 2012 1:54:17 AM

Yep the ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 is the best cheap option.
ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 is also good for under $100.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 23, 2012 4:27:03 PM

But wouldn't using the Spdif mean using the DAC on the receiver?

Quote:
I would not recommend digital MOBO out sound you want a good DAC for nice sound not Onboard Mobo sound. I beleve you hit the nail on the head with the Xonar DG recommendation because it has a great DAC

m
l
March 23, 2012 5:50:09 PM

^^ Yes, but your quality is limited by SPDIF format limitations. There is almost no reason to buy a soundcard, then use the SPDIF output port...
m
l
March 24, 2012 2:45:35 PM

if you can just increase your budget abit and go for the asus xonar essense st, since its the best card for music right now, or try to find a used or a refubrished one,
I currently own a recon3d pcie and thinking of buying one my self, but slightly hesitated cuz my primary concern in gaming.
m
l
December 21, 2015 12:21:59 AM

Hey, dude, are you searching for a motherboard sound card or a USB sound card? According to your price requirement, I do know a USB sound card which has relatively lower prices than other brand. That is ES102 sound card from XOX USB Sound Card, there are many preset audio effects if you want to chat online, I think it is pretty interesting. Just for music listening, this kind of USB sound card is enough for you and really really cheap as you required. haha~~
http://www.xoxchina.com/index.php/welcome/products.html
m
l