What do you guys think of this build?

I doubt you can buy a much better PC for that price. You may not even be able to buy THAT PC for that price anymore.

Prices have went up on some things since September.

In any event, you will have a hard time going measurably up from there.

If you just get all of those things, you won't have very much to be sad about.

This build won its competition for a reason.

AvinashP

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011

Thanks. By the way, I've never built a computer before, how difficult do you think it would be to build this computer?

As far as sticking the parts together is concerned it isn't rocket science.

However, if you look at the graphic picture there on the first page of what the motherboard looks like when it is assembled, you will see something that makes cooling experts cringe.

The two graphics cards have very little space between them. That will mean it is difficult to get air to the card closest to the processor when the thing gets mounted and shoved in a case.

Ideally, a different board would be nice, one that had more space between the cards. The more space between the cards, the less likely your $500 top video card is to melt.

Being aggressive with cooling assumptions is OK for theoretical builds, but I wouldn't want to do it with my own personal production system.

On that note, I would consider not trusting this build to the Antec 300 Illusion case. I haven't used it, but I do know that I would rather have that build in my case instead of the 300 Illusion case with or without the better board that has more room between the video cards.

AvinashP

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011

Thanks alot. Got any suggestions on a better board? I'm still hoping for the same performance. What about a case? Does it really matter what case I switch to or can I just get something that looks really cool? :ange: