January 29, 2013 10:20:19 AM

I have a 3 Years Old Desktop with below configuration:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz

Chipset
Northbridge Intel i945G rev. A2
Southbridge Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) rev. A1

RAM- Memory type DDR2
Module format Regular UDIMM
Manufacturer (ID) Kingston (7F98000000000000)
Size 1024 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC2-6400 (400 MHz)

Hard Disk: 250 GB Seagate

Windows Version Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 32-bit (Build 7600)

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate and now speed is too slow. Forget about multitasking, i cannot open 6-7 Browser pages together. It always gets stuck.

My question is:

Do i need to buy additional RAM to speed up my system? :o 
Will it be really helpful if i get another 1 GB of RAM?

If yes, please help me chose between these two models depending on compatibility.

http://www.flipkart.com/transcend-ddr2-1-gb-pc-ram-jm66...

http://www.flipkart.com/transcend-ddr2-1-gb-pc-ram-jm80...

More about : ram

a c 128 } Memory
January 29, 2013 11:22:32 AM

It's best to install the ram in pairs, so you may want to sell the kingston and get a pair of transcend, which is not the best ram, but may still work fine. I know your choices are limited. My best advice is to ask flipkart about their exchange policy in case the transcend ram won't post with the kingston. If it works by itself, I would sell the kingston and buy one more transcend for a total of 2 gb. Do not be concerned about timings or speed; when mixing ram the motherboard may choose different timings to get the mismatched pair to run. 2-4 gb of any brand will speed up your system. I use 8 gb with windows 7 64 bit. If you're thinking of upgrading anyway, don't buy more ddr2. Get a ddr3 board with ram now.
m
l
a c 89 } Memory
January 29, 2013 12:36:35 PM

use crusial memory scanner to see that max amount of ram your system can take before you order the ram. it will also tell you all the ram sizes and speed that will fit.
m
l
!