Henry Holland

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Hi, my name is Henry Hollad from South Africa

I require a Pentium One complete or motherboard only for use on a very specific et of software.

Can anyone help with a reliable piece.

Kind Regards

henry Holland

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
You're going to be very hard pressed to find that kind of thing, the P1 is something like 20 years old at this point. I've actually got about half a dozen P1 CPUs and motherboards in storage, but it's a 300 mile drive from here and I'm not terribly inclined to do that.

Why do you need it, though? All x86 processors run the same basic instruction set, with newer processors only adding new features and never removing them. A modern processor can run 100% of the software an old one can.

If you are having software compatibility issues, it probably has more to do with modern operating systems than modern CPUs. If you have software that only runs on Windows 95 for example, you may be better off using something like VMWare or Virtual Box to run Windows 95 in a virtual machine, and run your software from that.

All I can say is good luck if you are dead set on trying to build a legacy box, though at this point you may want to consider upgrading your software to something more modern if you are at the point where you have to try to hunt down 20 year old hardware to run it.