Sign in with
Your question

[Display] TV & Laptop

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 21, 2011 5:54:55 AM

Hello everyone,

After countless hours of Google researching and even Live Chat support with Acer , I can't find a solution to my problem. Hopefully I won't get you guys all mixed up with the details.

Hardware
Acer Aspire 8730G
GeForce 9600M GT @ 1G
Sony Grand Wega KDF-E55A20 (Although I know it's not the problem as it works with any other Laptops)

What I know

- HDMI cable and TV is fine because it works perfectly on my fathers Laptop.
- I have the latest drivers (ever since BF3 Beta and I double-checked just to be sure)
- I know the problem isn't the TV because it(laptop) doesn't work with two TVs I tried.

My Problem

When I connect my Laptop(1) to my TV(2), my TV(2) simply won't react (and yes I'm on the right channel).
Here's where I fucked up though. On Display -> Screen Resolution, I selected my "Sony TV(2)" (because my Laptop does actually detect it) and for some reason I thought it would be wise to change it to "Show Desktop only on 2".
What this means is that whenever I plug in my Laptop to my TV(2), my Laptop goes black (because it's only showing on 2 which is my TV) and my TV(2) is still black because it never worked to start with. I can't even try to change the settings of my Sony TV(2) on my Laptop(1) anymore because of this.

Hopefully you guys can help me out there, please don't suggest basic stuff like if my drivers are updated, if I plugged it right, or to System Restore (because for some reason I didn't have any save points). Also, FN + F5 won't work because as stated previously, my Laptop screen is black when my HDMI is plugged in.

More about : display laptop

October 21, 2011 6:32:45 AM

Skyve said:

What I know

- HDMI cable and TV is fine because it works perfectly on my fathers Laptop.

Also, FN + F5 won't work because as stated previously, my Laptop screen is black when my HDMI is plugged in.

Are you certain that the HDMI on you Laptop is working?
Even if your laptop screen is blank the keyboard will still be active, so the Fn + F5 will work. Other keys you can also try is Fn + P and Ctrl + P. Those are also used to enable or switch to the external display ports.
m
l
October 22, 2011 12:30:01 AM

Well good news is that my Laptop screen doesn't go black anymore when I plug in my HDMI.

That being said, I changed the resolution of my Laptop and my TV(through my Laptop) to several different ones but still got no display on TV.
m
l
!