ACbel 660 problem

alfie033

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
my computer are suddenly turning off. and if i try to turn it on again it turns off again after a second. ill just see the light turn on for a second and turns off
i don't know if its my psu problem and if suddenly i bought a hd5770 and i put it my computer wont boot up screen is blank i don't know if my video card got
damaged too. or i just need to replace my psu

Solution
The Antec VP Series 450W (VP450), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps and with one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector, is sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 5770.

You can speculate all you want but there's no way to tell if your Radeon HD 5770 is good or bad until you test it in a known working system.
That power supply should be more than capable of powering your system with a single Radeon HD 5770.

Are you using the 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector on the +12V3 rail?

You can identify it by looking at the yellow colored wires connected to the 6-pin PCIe connector. It should have yellow with blue stripe wires. This is the one that should be used with the Radeon HD 5770.

If you're using the other 6-pin PCIe connector it is sharing power with the two 4-pin ATX CPU power connectors. If the graphics card draws more power than that rail can provide the CPU will be starved of power and you'll experience the symptoms that you've described.

alfie033

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

i acually using this video card for 2 months and i play almost 12 hours a day lol
2 months straight i experience no problem . yes i do have a 6-pin PCIe connector on my Acbel 660 and thats the one im using for 2 months
and this month my computer turns off suddenly and i tried to turn it on again. it will turn off after a second ... and i experienced it for a week
and i just have to cool it down for 1 hour and it will work again. then the other day it turn off suddenly and i sleep. the next morning i tried to
turn it on but there is no display on the scree black screen but my computer is on. and i tried to remove the Vcard hd 5770 and then the computer
starts to boot up again BUT after hours of using it still automatically turns off.. i don't know what should i buy.. but i wish the vcard aren't damaged.

It would be a good idea to replace the Acbel 660 PSU since it can't be trusted.

What power supply brands and models are available where you live?

Stick with reputable brands like Antec, Corsair, Enermax, Seasonic, XFX.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 5770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

For a system using two Radeon HD 5770 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of an 600 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 33 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

alfie033

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

you think my hd 5770 arent bad?
im really hoping that my hd 5770 aren't damaged because of my power supply. you think the reason why my computer won't boot when my hd 5770 is on its because my psu can't give the power it needs?
yeah im really think to replace my psu and i think i ill choose Antec VP450w is it enough? this is my specs

amd phenom x3 8650 2.8ghz
2gb ddr2
350gb hdd
and dvd writer and 2 extra fans
hd 5770. is that enough? i read a good review of Antec VP450w so im considering it is it enough sir?

The Antec VP Series 450W (VP450), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps and with one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector, is sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 5770.

You can speculate all you want but there's no way to tell if your Radeon HD 5770 is good or bad until you test it in a known working system.

Solution

alfie033

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

thanks man im really gonna buy that power supply its cheap and have good reviews compare to my horrible acbel 660.
but im thinking to upgrade my ram to 4gb is it still ok man? will still the vp450 can take it?

im gonna bring my card to my friend later so i can test it if its bad or not. damn i really spend all my money when i bought that card
i wish my psu didnt killed it >.<

Memory modules consume little power. The Antec VP Series 450W (VP450) will have no problem handling it.

alfie033

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

thanks bro im currently using my acbel so far my computer didnt shutdowns suddenly. but later on i know it will shutdown again. thanks bro for the help :)