PC won't restart.. please help [epic story inside]

elgatonorris

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
First of all, hi to all the comunity. This is not my first post here since I posted a year ago or so because of this exact problem which nowadays keeps messing with me, my mental health and my pc (lol).

Lets start:
System specs:
MOBO: Asus M4A89GTD-PRO
CPU: AMD Phenom II 1055T currently @ stock
Memory: 4GB Patriot
GPU: XFX GTX 260
PSU: OCZ 600W
HDD: Samsung 1 TB 7200 rpm

IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ, HERE'S THE PROBLEM:
The system doesnt boot sometimes and can't reboot at all. What happens is:
- NO BIOS BEEP
- NO DISPLAY
- NO KEYBOARD LIGHT
- ALL FANS WORKING (case, cpu, psu and gpu)
- ALL LEDS WORKING (case, hdd)

It's a funny history so I recommend reading it. Its like a curse or something, so you'll probably have fun.

2011 - My bro buys a new gaming rig, including my current GPU and PSU an AMD phenom 720 x3 and an Asus M4A79 Deluxe mobo. He overclocks *** after a few months of having it. Things seem to work good but he keeps going on and the system crashes for the first time. The system keeps working normally but a few months later. suddenly, the system will sometimes boot and sometimes not. What happens when it doesn't boot? No bios beep, no display, no keyboard lights but all fans including CPU and PSU are working and even the HDD and case leds. He seeks for help everywhere... and after a long time on a suffering changes the PSU. New PSU: NOX 1000W one, pretty cool. *** happens when after a few boots, *** goes down again. Same ***... it wont boot. He fucks up. He tests my GPU to see if it is the problem. The GPU its not the problem. He buys a new CPU. 1090T. He flashes CMOS and updates BIOS. NOPE
Finally, uses the RMA to get a new mobo.
Awesome, he has a new pc. He's doing so ******* good, nice rig and nice gaming.

2012 - I get my bro's 260 and PSU, and use it on my rig. Works like a charm with my new MOBO, CPU and MEMORY.
Gaming.. everything alright. But, one day, *** goes down. Same ***. No bios beep, no display, no keyboard light but all fans and leds work perfectly. I still use the PC, sometimes boot sometimes not. But there's one thing... Reboot doesnt work at all. I tried a lot of times to reboot and the *** happens, so I have to shutdown, disconnect PSU cable for 30 mins and then plug and boot again.

2013 - *** still happens. Cant reboot and sometimes it doesn't boot. I want to know about the problem and solve it please.

Ask me all the questions you want, but please, help me. I spent a lot of money and my brother did too. Thanks

Hi, Just a guess - It's a power supply issue, or at least it's the first thing to suspect, in my opinion. Although it could be the board too. However, try borrowing your brother's PSU and test. Monitoring the temperatures under load would also help.

elgatonorris

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

The problem still happened to my brother when he changed the power supply (the 600W one to the 1000W one) so I don't think the PSU its the problem.
I've been reading and looks like its an ASUS mobo problem which is messing up everything... Is there a known fix or something?