Capcom and Sega bring Saturn Controller to PS2

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/610/610618p1.html

I think I've posted this thread originally in February. But I guess the
date got pushed back. Now it's going to be launched on the same day as
Capcom's Vampire collection (May 19th). $30 for a pure digital pad
seems a bit high though.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

In article <1115381625.592165.303780@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Eiji Hayashi <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote:
>http://ps2.ign.com/articles/610/610618p1.html
>
>I think I've posted this thread originally in February. But I guess the
>date got pushed back. Now it's going to be launched on the same day as
>Capcom's Vampire collection (May 19th). $30 for a pure digital pad
>seems a bit high though.

I would agree, except to say that I haven't played a game that makes
decent use of the analog control. The fact that I play mostly RPG's might
be a factor, but I've noticed in most of those games that whatever the
left analog stick is for ends up being a redundant fucntion duplicated by
the digital pad. Besides, this is the Saturn pad we're talking about.
Damned near perfect in every way, and it's funny to see newer (read:
younger) gamers not know what to do with the Capcom-esque double row of
six buttons.

-KKC, still searching for an appropriate substitute for the ugly,
uncomfortable Dual Shock 2.

--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
snip
> I would agree, except to say that I haven't played a game that makes
> decent use of the analog control.
snip

Assuming you're talking about only the PS2's analog, I need to encourage
you to buy Katamari Damacy, which really uses the twin analog sticks, in
both the twin and the analog parts.

"Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
> http://ps2.ign.com/articles/610/610618p1.html
>
> I think I've posted this thread originally in February. But I guess the
> date got pushed back. Now it's going to be launched on the same day as
> Capcom's Vampire collection (May 19th). $30 for a pure digital pad
> seems a bit high though.

Available now..

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-70-imb.html

Nick

Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
> In article <1115381625.592165.303780@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> Eiji Hayashi <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> >http://ps2.ign.com/articles/610/610618p1.html
> >
> >I think I've posted this thread originally in February. But I guess
the
> >date got pushed back. Now it's going to be launched on the same day
as
> >Capcom's Vampire collection (May 19th). $30 for a pure digital pad
> >seems a bit high though.
>
> I would agree, except to say that I haven't played a game that makes
> decent use of the analog control. The fact that I play mostly RPG's
might
> be a factor, but I've noticed in most of those games that whatever
the
> left analog stick is for ends up being a redundant fucntion
duplicated by
> the digital pad. Besides, this is the Saturn pad we're talking about.

True alot of times, but not always. For example, I'm playing Shining
Force Neo right now, and the left analogues is used for movement, while
the digitals are used to toggle spells/equipment. Both are necessary.

> Damned near perfect in every way, and it's funny to see newer (read:
> younger) gamers not know what to do with the Capcom-esque double row
of
> six buttons.

For fighters it's damn near perfect. But it just won't do for alot of
newer games that needs analogue movement.

Nick Sadler wrote:
> "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
> > http://ps2.ign.com/articles/610/610618p1.html
> >
> > I think I've posted this thread originally in February. But I guess
the
> > date got pushed back. Now it's going to be launched on the same day
as
> > Capcom's Vampire collection (May 19th). $30 for a pure digital pad
> > seems a bit high though.
> >

> Available now..
>

> http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-70-imb.html

Hmm.. this must be a different pad then.. because it's got the Vampire
logo and pictures on it