Can I create a hotkey to mute/unmute in XP?

Franklin

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Is it possible to set up a hotkey to mute/unmute the speaker in XP without
having to use the speaker icon in my WInXP "notification area"?

Maybe there is a registry hack to do this which I could invoke by running a
shortcut?

OTOH maybe there is a some free utility or small application which will do
this?

Jo

Franklin wrote:

>Is it possible to set up a hotkey to mute/unmute the speaker in XP without
>having to use the speaker icon in my WInXP "notification area"?
>
>Maybe there is a registry hack to do this which I could invoke by running a
>shortcut?
>
>OTOH maybe there is a some free utility or small application which will do
>this?

The Wonderful Icon will do this amongst other things.

http://www.thewonderfulicon.com/pages/features.htm

Hi, thanks for the tip. I had installed the sw and it
works fine, but I could not find the "turn screen off"
option

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Franklin <franklin_lo@mail.com> wrote in

> Is it possible to set up a hotkey to mute/unmute the speaker in XP
> without having to use the speaker icon in my WInXP "notification
> area"?
snip

Wizmo http://www.grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm