Pc crashes with artifacts , Hardware or sofware fault ?

Hey,

Today when i watched a video on youtube fullscreen , it froze and had symetrical artifacts { the sound also loops}

They are red and green little boxes of stripes evenly spread across the screen.

This is the second time ive had this happen.


im running a msi gtx 560ti tinfrozer II

a 2500k {both unoverclocked}

win 7 latest updates

latest nvidia drivers.

750w psu

4 gb's of corsair vengance ram.


If anyone can help me , thank you in advance


Update :

it just happened again , but this time i had been gaming for 2 hours , shut the game down and started watching a youtube video
When the video went fullscreen it happened again
10 answers Last reply
More about crashes artifacts hardware sofware fault
  1. These are the typical symptoms of a heat and/or power problem. What make/model of power supply are you using? Also, how are your CPU and GPU temperatures at idle and under load (like when gaming)?
  2. COLGeek said:
    These are the typical symptoms of a heat and/or power problem. What make/model of power supply are you using? Also, how are your CPU and GPU temperatures at idle and under load (like when gaming)?



    I can assure you that tempratures are fine


    my psu a a corsair 750 hx

    it has only happened in youtube fullscreen , when i run furmark and prime95 , system is comepletely fine

    gpu at 70 with furmark and cpu a 47 with prime { Celcius}
  3. I would try Beta drivers, sometimes that solves problems. My 560 Ti started freezing up like that I lowered the voltage to 1.050 from 1.062 and it solved the problem along with beta drivers.
  4. I cant seem to lower the voltage , its a twinfrozer II by msi , 880 mhz core

    It doesnt show up in afterburner
  5. First and foremost, remove the OC. If the problem doesn't go away, you have either a GPU driver problem [best case], or a dieing piece of HW.
  6. but the overlock on the gpu is standard , by msi , i havent overclokced anything
  7. Any OC (factory or user set) can have unintended consequences. Is your Flash Player updated?

    Also, since you say your temps are fine, what are they?
  8. Do you have a known working GPU ? I know of people having had some issues with the 560Ti at times (mostly random crashing and screen lock-ups) CPU's and RAM will most often BSOD in a failure state as opposed to actually visualize artifacts on the screen. Try a few new drivers, update flash, and test out the GPU with a known working unit (also yours in another rig if you can) If all of that checks out look into your PSU, corsair makes nice PSU's but nice hardware fails sometimes too.
  9. cmi86 said:
    Do you have a known working GPU ? I know of people having had some issues with the 560Ti at times (mostly random crashing and screen lock-ups) CPU's and RAM will most often BSOD in a failure state as opposed to actually visualize artifacts on the screen. Try a few new drivers, update flash, and test out the GPU with a known working unit (also yours in another rig if you can) If all of that checks out look into your PSU, corsair makes nice PSU's but nice hardware fails sometimes too.



    I triend my old 220gt , worked like a charm , so that the GPU that bugging me now.
    Ive done a rollback of drivers and havent had a lockup ina while , hope itl keep working.

    my temps with prime95 and furmark are 45 , cpu and gpu 75 {in games its about 63} Celcius
  10. machielste said:
    I triend my old 220gt , worked like a charm , so that the GPU that bugging me now.
    Ive done a rollback of drivers and havent had a lockup ina while , hope itl keep working.

    my temps with prime95 and furmark are 45 , cpu and gpu 75 {in games its about 63} Celcius


    Your 560 require WAY more power than your old 220, could still be a PSU. Go pick up a nice 600W single 12V rail from a good manufacturer for testing purposes with the 560. If it works keep it, if it doesn't rule out PSU and turn towards failed 560
Ask a new question

Read More

Components