Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cannot figure out form factor

Last response: in Motherboards
January 29, 2013 6:41:10 PM

Hello community, I'm having some problems figuring out what form factor my motherboard has. I thought this was going to be easy, as I need to order a new Motherboard for this processor I just got. So I used Sisoftware Sandra and CPU-Z and they both told me I have a Nvidia MCP61 board. I looked up images of my board and none of the results matched my board, so I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to order the wrong board and only realize it won't fit into my case. I have no idea what case I have either, a friend built this for me about 3 years ago. Any help would be much appreciated.

More about : figure form factor

a c 557 V Motherboard
January 29, 2013 7:10:43 PM

Hi,
What are the dimensions of the board?
m
l
January 29, 2013 7:17:46 PM

I will go measure it, be right back with the dimensions. I didn't do this already because I saw a post where the guy had dimensions but couldn't find the form factor.
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2013 7:25:41 PM

Alright im not very good with reading tape measures so i may be a little off, but I believe its dimensions are 7.25in Wide, and 9.5 in long
m
l
January 29, 2013 7:35:10 PM

Its an AM3 socket. I think its an AMD Athlon x2 265? I had bought a AMD Phenom 2 quadcore 965 but the motherboard only supports 65w and the processor i bought was 125w.
m
l
a c 557 V Motherboard
January 29, 2013 7:42:04 PM

And you'd like to keep the case? It's hard to find a flex ATX board. Can the case acommodate a micro ATX board (9.6x9.6)?
m
l
January 29, 2013 7:55:16 PM

I believe it can there is a lot of empty space in the case, I just wonder if the increased size would move the location of the Audio/usb ports on the back of the case very much. but if you think it'll be close to my original board then I'll get it.
m
l

Best solution

a c 557 V Motherboard
January 29, 2013 8:03:34 PM

Cases and motherboards are usually standard. Micro ATX boards are easier to find http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
Try measuring the distances between the case's holes (where the motherboard's screws get in) and see if they match these dimensions:
http://www.silverstonetek.com/techtalk_cont.php?area=us...
This way you'll know for sure if you can install a microATX board.
January 29, 2013 8:08:13 PM

Best answer selected by awwon.
m
l
January 29, 2013 8:08:26 PM

Thank you very much! You were very helpful.
m
l
!