How to set up two monitors with a CF setup?

apav

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Hey guys,

so I just bought two different monitors for games, but I couldn't decide which one I thought would be better, so I'm going to do a side by side comparison in games and return one.

I have 2 6950's unlocked to 6970 in crossfire, so my question is how do I hook it and enable both monitors and enable one as a mirror of the other?

My cards have only 1 hdmi per each card. Can I plug in 1 hdmi cord from each card to each monitor? Or can I just plug in hdmi on one and dvi on another from the same 1 card?

How do I "clone" or "mirror" the image of the other monitor? Does the performance or picture quality decrease since I'm using a second monitor? Also, this is kind of a silly question but I just wanna be sure. If my 1st monitor doesn't have good color accuracy, will my second monitor clone the color accuracy or have color's based on the monitors settings? Like for instance, if my first monitor has a TN panel(not good color) and my second is an IPS, will the IPS clone the washed out colors of the TN?

Just want to play on each monitor and see what I prefer better and return the other one ;)

Thanks guys for always helping :bounce:

keato02

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
connect the two screens in one of the cards or one in each cards (thats your call)

and if you use windows 7 ust right click at the background and select resolution and select mirroring or duplicate screens

^You can't get image out of the 2nd card in a crossfire setup.

You need 1 HDMI and 1 DVI. Connect both monitor to the 1st card and use CCC to set them up as duplicate.

No, it won't copy the washed out color over. That was due to different hardware. However, if you have color correction settings on CCC to compensate and bright up the color on the old monitor. You have to switch it off or the color correction setting will also be duplicated on the new screen, making it too bright.

apav

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Thanks for the reply! Now if my base monitor I'm duplicating off is 120hz and my second monitor is only 60 hz, will my 120hz monitor go down to 60hz to match the display of the second? Basically I wanna duplicate my monitors, but keep one at 120hz while the other one only refreshes at 60hz (its max refresh rate). Is this possible?