Do I need anything else?

SimplyAimless

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
So, as a Christmas project I'm attempting to build a PC, I've got the following components:
-
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATAIII 6Gb/s 16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM by Western Digital

Zotac H55ITX-C-E Motherboard by Zotac

Thermaltake VL52021N2 Element Q 220W Mini ITX Case by Thermaltake

Intel i3-550 Core i3 Dual-Core Processor -3.20GHz, 4MB Cache, Socket 1156, 3 Year Warranty, Retail Boxed by Intel

Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 8GB Two Memory Module Kit by Corsair
£32.86

LG GH22NS50.AUAA 22x SATA DVDRW Drive - Bare Black by LG
-

So my question is (this may sound stupid), do I need anything else to build a PC or is that all I need?

Cheers.

You don't have a power supply listed that I can see and it is potentially the most important part of the computer.

Also, why did you choose this mini itx motherboard and the mini itx case? Is there any particular reason you want it to be super small?

You also don't have a video card listed so that limits the sorts of things you can do with the computer. What do you intend to do with the computer?

SimplyAimless

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
I'm using it as a HTPC, the case I believe has a PSU (more details here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermaltake-VL52021N2-Element-220W-Mini/dp/B002VFG5A6), a 200W Flex ATX PSU. The motherboard says it's compatible with Intel integrated graphics which I believe that processor has.

I can't get to the link you posted for some reason.

Anyway, is it hugely important that it is a tiny HTPC? If you can potentially hide it somewhere you can free yourself from tons of problems only experienced with tiny PCs and perhaps have something that performs quite a bit better.

Thermaltake isn't a brand many people trust around here, for starters.