Using 2 video cards (HDMI / S-video) in a Home Theater PC?

rasmasyean

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Hi,

I want to output both HDMI and S-video from a PC. I checked newegg and didn't find any dual hdmi/s-video cards. The only ones were dvi/s-video. Now if I use 2 video cards in the PC, what would happen? Would it work simultaneously?

Or do I set it to one or the other? Also, if parrallel, would this take a performance hit?

Thanks.

bucknutty

Distinguished
If your mobo has the correct expansion slots you can run multiple video cards at once. Each video card can run a monitor or 2 for an extended desktop. Windows xp and windows 7 can mix and match most any vendors cards, windows vista will only work with multiple cards that can run the same driver. If your using onboard video very few cards can use both onboard and a video card at the same time.

The easiest way to run 2 different tvs from one computer is to try to find 1 video card with all the outputs you need.

rasmasyean

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008

Oh...that's interesting. Which brings up another question.

Do HDMI video cards output sound in via the HDMI port? Or are they just using the video part of it and you would have to connect your audio output separately as with past interfaces?

TRENDING THREADS