Sign in with
Your question

SSD Tray Compatibility (Antec 1100 Case)

Last response: in Components
March 23, 2012 3:10:27 PM

First, I would like to notify other user that I don't KNOW where to place this topic. So, I am sorry if I made a mistake...

Now, yesterday, I had a look at Antec Store - they stock Antec 1100 series case which is similar to P280 series. However, I do have a problem regarding SSD mounts.

1.] Why the **** does Antec have to limit user with 2 x SSD rack, which is located right at the top? From my perspective, there is no ventilation (air-current) just to keep SSD cool.

2.] Instead of using the top (which is crazy), I would rather mount it on 3.5" drive-bay. But, I don't know if this TRAY will fit if I include / attach the RAILS...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004X2XLX4/ref=s9_wi...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCZ-Mounting-Bracket-Solid-Driv...

P.S. does anybody have an Antec 1100 case? If you have one, could you please, please check? It's a little scary if I buy 6 x trays for 2.5inch drive / SSD.

Many thanks!
March 23, 2012 3:30:29 PM

Hello,

To answer your questions:

1) SSD's run very cool - they barely need any ventiliation at all compared to HDD's.

2) Why not just use the top as per my above mention?

It would save you a lot of hassle.
m
l
March 23, 2012 3:59:51 PM

Chainzsaw said:
Hello,

To answer your questions:

1) SSD's run very cool - they barely need any ventiliation at all compared to HDD's.

2) Why not just use the top as per my above mention?

It would save you a lot of hassle.

You think they don't need ventilation? LOL I am running Kingston SSD V100 on my laptop while typing this post, and, the initial temp for my SSD is 50~55C. I even have a cooling pad just to keep other equipment from frying itself since I am not using normal laptop which most user have...
m
l
Related resources
March 23, 2012 4:05:02 PM

The heat on your laptop is coming from the cpu, not the ssd.
A ssd uses so little power that it barely gets warm and needs no cooling.

If you want to mount in a 3.5" bay, use a 2.5 to 3.5" adapter. Many ssd's will come with one.
Actually, you can just use duct tape to attach the ssd anywhere handy.
m
l
March 23, 2012 4:51:08 PM

laircouk said:
You think they don't need ventilation? LOL I am running Kingston SSD V100 on my laptop while typing this post, and, the initial temp for my SSD is 50~55C. I even have a cooling pad just to keep other equipment from frying itself since I am not using normal laptop which most user have...

Take the long route and buy yourself whatever adapters you were looking for. By the way your talking about a friggin laptop - you want to put the SSD(s) in a case - completely different stories.

My SSD I used to have in my laptop never went above 25C. OCZ Vertex 2.

Good luck.
m
l
!