Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Rate my rig (1-10)

Last response: in Components
Share
March 23, 2012 4:23:54 PM

760GM P33 SYX motherboard
500GB Hard drive
AMD Radeon HD 6850 overclocked at 1GHz
AMD Athlon II 640 x4 overclocked to 3.6GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
500WATT +80 Corsair psu
SYX gaming case with LED lights
Large fan added in the front

All air cooled with fan speeds at 100% (Because i don't mind noise)

Highest temp i've seen is bf3 ultra processor was around 68C

Paid 650$


Good or Bad buy?

More about : rate rig

March 23, 2012 4:26:27 PM

Just those 5 items was $650? Very bad buy, you could have gotten them new for less.

You are aware that the max recommended temp for a X4 processor is 62c right?
m
0
l
March 23, 2012 9:28:09 PM

geekapproved said:
Just those 5 items was $650? Very bad buy, you could have gotten them new for less.

You are aware that the max recommended temp for a X4 processor is 62c right?



I updated the message. worth it? i got a total of like 8 usb ports with HDMI display
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 23, 2012 9:37:51 PM

Hi :) 

6 out of 10

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
March 23, 2012 11:20:08 PM

I'd go with a 5.5..6 if it ran cooler. Is that the stock heatsink/fan unit?. If so you should get an aftermarket. I got a zalmn cnps9700, and it lowered my PhenomII temps by 12 degrees C
m
0
l
a b À AMD
March 24, 2012 5:29:39 AM

4/10.

Could have gotten better parts.
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 9:45:04 AM

Rig - 4.5/10

Value for Money - 0/10

Fan speeds at 100% you may not mind the noise now but just wait till you rapidly wear the fans out and they really start kicking up a noise/failing to cool properly.
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 10:19:06 AM

5/10 middle of the road
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 2:05:41 PM

Could have gotten a new i3 system for that much.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
March 24, 2012 3:54:50 PM

geekapproved said:
Could have gotten a new i3 system for that much.

With a 6870!
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 4:20:35 PM

memeandc said:
760GM P33 SYX motherboard
500GB Hard drive
AMD Radeon HD 6850 overclocked at 1GHz
AMD Athlon II 640 x4 overclocked to 3.6GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
500WATT +80 Corsair psu
SYX gaming case with LED lights
Large fan added in the front

All air cooled with fan speeds at 100% (Because i don't mind noise)

Highest temp i've seen is bf3 ultra processor was around 68C

Paid 650$


Good or Bad buy?


i give you 4/10. drop the athlon and get a phenem2 or FX. get a way better psu. gpu is ok and ur mobo is prob not
m
0
l
a b À AMD
March 28, 2012 5:19:24 AM

deejayburnout said:
5/5.

You mean 5/10! ;) 
m
0
l
!