Solved

Would US components work with Australian PSU?

Hi, sorry if I sound like a total noob but I was just wondering if components bought in the USA will work with a PSU bought in Australia?

I'm planning to move to Australia in about half a year and want to move my desktop over and do an upgrade at the same time, and components are cheaper here in the states than they are Down Under so I figured I can just get a PSU there because the power plug is different.

So does voltage matter for any of the components? We use 110v in the US and it's 240v in Australia. I know pretty much all PSU's now can work with 110-240v but will 240v fry my other components? Do components like CPU, memory sticks, GPU, and etc have region specific designs that restrict them to a particular voltage? Or would the Australian PSU automatically convert the 240v to whatever is needed for my components? :o :sweat:

Thanks for reading, and please let me know if anything I said has been unclear and I will try to further clarify.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about would components work australian
  1. Best answer
    Don't worry about the voltage. The PSU converts the power from the AC outlet to what the electronics can use.
  2. ^+1
  3. If it's a PSU with the little red tab on the back make sure it's clicked to the 240 volts. If it doesn't have that tab then it will automatically convert the power.
  4. Best answer selected by bprimetimel.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Desktops Components